35 | drowned blood

Moaning, I pinched my eyes tight, demanding whatever was taking place at five in the morning to stop and just let me sleep

But as promptly as the intense sound was familiar to me, I instantly opened my eyes and sat up as hurriedly as my still asleep body would let me, feeling Enzo do the same behind me.

The dark pitched room and the loud and shrill sound of the siren in our mansion that had caused us to wake up still hadn't stopped and got louder and louder. By every second that was passing was the only thing visible and bearable for me.

"What is happening?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and letting my legs hang off the bed.

The urge to just stand up and rib the speaker of the wall was big with the headache forming, but I knew if ever the sirens were heard in our villa, it was crucial and not for entertainment.

"If I fucking knew." Seeing him walk furiously up to the door and open it, causing it to bang against the wall, I rushed and followed him, knowing he was fuming and ready to destroy anything that was near him.

I would too for my sleep.

The only time we ever got to rest was when we closed our eyes and prepared to let them be closed for the next four to five hours but since the feeling of horror was spreading slowly in the pit of my stomach, I don't think I could close my eyes even if I wanted to.

Though one question repeated itself in my mind constantly.

Why were suddenly the sirens in our house that only then rung when something was coming towards our villa going off at five in the morning?

Striding down the steps, I examined the massive living room, looking for anything suspicious, yet everything was just the way we left it behind. Not one thing was out of order.

Get closer and find out, get the answer.

Listening to the boys' voices and Octavia's, I peeked down to my feet, hearing them come from just underneath me.

Following the voice, I walked into the security room seeing them all leaning against the wall or standing around the room having the same facial expression as me. 

"Go change into something appropriate," Enzo demanded as I caught his eyes. Walking up to me, he stood directly in front to cover me with his body glancing down at me.

"No man tells me what to wear!" I retorted, narrowing my eyes.

I wasn't even in the right mindset to have known what I was wearing, besides there was nothing wrong with my red lingerie bra paired with black shorts.

Seeing him remain standing there with the same expression I did the same, knowing he was challenging me, seeing who could win this.

Not one of us was moving one muscle, just staring at each other with curiously wondering who the last person would be standing.