Final Memories of You

~5 years later~

"Why," Diluc muttered as he held your thin and pale hand, fear flashing through his eyes. 

Looking up at him from your bed, his painstricken eyes stared at your weak body. Eyes clouded over with hopelessness, you tugged him to you with the last remaining strength in your body. Understanding this, he moved closer to you, his loose hair tickling your forehead.

"I'm sorry… Diluc..." you struggled to whisper as your eyes grew darker. "Thank you..."

"That's enough talking," Diluc pushed your hair behind your ear, trying to smile for you. "Save your strength."

The cost of using the delusion was the user's life force. Unlike the usual delusions that were handed out, delusions that were gifted to the Harbingers took that cost until the day that they would give up their delusions. A delusion that was customized specifically for a Harbinger of great power, it removed all the costs in exchange for being chained to the Tsaritsa.

You could feel your energy quickly being drained from each small movement. Removing your hand from Diluc's light hold, you raised it to his cheek. Shaking from the immediate exhaustion, you let your hand fall back to your side.

"I love yo…" You closed your eyes with a small tear wetting your cheek.

Speechlessness and heartache filled the air from Diluc's sadness. He had loved you and cherished you beyond explanation. The past five years that he had spent with you were memorable to say the least. You were the one that he had given his heart too and now, you had left him all alone.

Knock knock.

A sound came from the door and when Diluc went up to open it, a letter slid from underneath it. Kneeling to pick it up, he noticed your usual mark on the letter. A wing of a falcon, a symbolism of Dawn's wing. Holding it up with shaking hands, he carefully removed the seal only to see a letter with your graceful handwriting that was very much familiar to him.

~~~~~

My dearest Diluc,

If you are reading this, then I’m sure that my time has passed.

Each moment you made me smile, each moment you lifted my spirits, each moment we were together you made me fall deeper in love with you. I never regretted a single thing that I had done after meeting you. Everything that I had done when I had met you was filled with joy.

I love you Diluc

Ever since that day you came to save me from the Fatui, I had never forgotten seeing you there waiting for me to win my life back. Each time I see your smile, I can't help but wish I had more time. Even though I knew that my time was coming, I was selfish and wanted to be with you till my dying breath even if I knew it would hurt you. I'm sorry.

But, even if it hurts, I don't regret it. You were the last person I was able to see and that alone is enough for me so please let me be selfish.

Though, if there is one thing that I really wished we could have done, it would have been to get married. An official declaration of love, wouldn't that be nice. Maybe we could even have gotten a family of our own. But of course, since I'm not here anymore, we can't really do that. All I hope is that you'll remember me in your heart.

The times we walked through Windrise, the yearly festivals at the mansion, working with you at Angel's Share. So many memories that I have kept close to my heart. Even the great story of The Darknight Hero and the Snowflake Warrior, those days were fun, saving Mondstadt from the Abyss Order in secret. Though who even thought of such names. It always makes me laugh.

Those days together were so fun. Much more fun than the life I've lived before knowing you. It was filled with so much more warmth. It was amazing.

Thank you so much. Thank you for the moments that I cherished each second of the remaining life I had. Thank you for your hand and your love. Thank you for saving me and giving me this new life.

Even on my deathbed, I was the happiest person alive because I met you so please be happy too. Please, don't go after the Fatui. All I want for you is to be happy, so live life for the both of us. 

I'll be watching you from up above so you better make my wish a reality.

Your love,
Y/n

Also please tell Dawn that her mommy loves her and if you see Childe or Scaramouche, give them a hug for me too for being wonderful big brothers to me. Please Diluc!

~~~~~

Falling to his knees and hugging the letter to his chest, tears fell from Diluc's eyes wetting the paper. He loved you too, more than anything else in his life.

He would be willing to give up anything and everything just to get you back. His heart was breaking with each moment he looked at you. It was simple, he just didn't want to lose you. He wanted to be with you forever, no matter the cost. However, life wasn’t that easy and he knew it all too well. 

Looking at the letter again, he gave a small smile as he felt all your love from the letter alone. He heard your wish, he heard your heart and he wouldn’t betray your hope.

Standing up, he walked up to you, his eyes clouding over as he saw your pale body, "I promise y/n. I promise I'll make your wish come true. Watch over me until the day I leave Teyvat too. I won't let you down."

His hand holding yours as he put his forehead on the back of your hand, he reminisced the times that you had together. Through thick and thin, the two of you had stood together and fought together. You had stayed loyal to him to the very end and never left his side.

"It's me who should be thanking you," Diluc gave out a small laugh. "I love you too y/n."

-

Sorry for the late post there were *Ahem* reasons for being so late.... but to the main point, last chapter is finished!!!!

Thank you so much for all the support and for giving this book a chance. It's finally finished! I hope you all enjoyed reading "Opposites Attract". It would be great if you give me your thoughts on it.

Also, within at least 2 weeks, I will be ending the poll and start writing a fanfic for the chosen characters so vote vote vote!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe everyone!!!