Chapter 56: The Calm Before the Storm

"Sniff! It smells salty! Is this the sea?" The red kitten Hong looked out the open carriage window and sniffed the air.

Cale nodded his head as he received a small round item that Raon handed to him. "This is the condensed mana from the bomb?"

Raon nodded his head at Cale's question and responded. "Yes, Human. We can make a new magic bomb now."

"You're so wonderful." Cale became jovial at this confirmation and opened the carriage window wide.

The cool sea breeze entered the carriage as he looked out toward the Northeastern sea. There were many islands visible in the sea. The Northeastern sea had quite a number of these small islands.

The silver kitten On was also quite excited. "Oh! Look at that sharp cliff!"

The sharp cliff brought forth both awe and fear as they were riding across a path created on top of that cliff.

Cale looked toward the 'Cliff of Winds', the most beautiful sight in the Ubarr territory. There were many small islands next to that cliff.

Between the cliff and the islands were multiple raging whirlpools. Those whirlpools were the culprit behind why the seas of the Ubarr territory were so dangerous.

'The mage slayer ends up landing on one of those islands after being shipwrecked by the whirlpools, and ends up finding 'the Sound of the Wind'.'

The mage slayer was known for being an intelligent barbarian. He was even stronger than Lock, the Blue Wolf Tribe member and the future Wolf King, and held the title of the strongest individual in the Western Continent.

The mage slayer's name was Toonka, also known as Toonka the Tyrant.

'I just need to get it before he does. I feel like I'm a professional now.' Cale chuckled at his own thought.

"Why are you laughing, Human?" Raon asked curiously. "What's so funny?"

"Hmm, I've just felt that I've been snatching a lot of things from people."

"Is that so, Human? But snatching from bad guys is good, so they won't used whatever they have for bad things. I've learnt that."

Cale nodded his head and continued his thought. 'If things went as it did in the novel, it was still too early for Toonka to come here.'

Cale was thinking that there was no chance he would run into Toonka as he looked out to the sea with satisfaction. This journey would be smooth, as long as he avoided Toonka.

Cale, who had been looking out the window with satisfaction, could see something far in the horizon.

"Hmm?" Cale rubbed his eyes a bit, but it was still the same. "...Isn't that a whale?"

A pod of large whales were shooting water into the air as they crossed through the Northeastern Sea to head north.

Cale suddenly had an ominous feeling, and clenched the magic bomb ingredients in his hand.

The whales tended to live in the Northern sea. This was true for the Whale Tribe as well. It was only during the war with the mermaids that the Whale Tribe came down south.

'Tons of whales head north. Did it start already? It is a little earlier than the novel, right?' Cale frowned.

The Black Dragon's voice echoed inside Cale's ear. "I feel a strong presence."

That echo stabbed right into Cale's brain.
That was why Cale was frowning to the point that people thought he was in pain when they arrived at a small village just outside the Cliff of Winds.