18

Y/N POV

"Yeah, we're not dating. We never were. He asked  me to hang out a few times, so I did, and I guess he thought they were dates, but I never liked him like that. Then he wouldn't stop texting me and things got weird so I broke off our...whatever it was, and I haven't talked to him since. This all happened months ago, so I don't know why people haven't gotten over it yet. They think we're dating, and all these gossip sights keep posting pictures of us as if they just happened yesterday! It's so annoying!"

"Wait wait wait wait wait." I stammered, feeling as if time was moving a hundred miles a second. "You are Joe are not together?"

Taylor looked at me. "Yeah, that's what I just said." And then her expression changed to shock. "Hold on, Y/n, did you not know that?"

"No, I didn't know that! What the fuck!" I exclaimed, face palming.

"How did you not know? Didn't I ever say anything about it? Or did you ever ask me about it? I mean, Alex never told you?"

"No, Taylor no one told me anything about this!"

"Wait is that why you were being so weird around me? Because you thought we were together?"

"Yes!"

"Is that why you never flirted back with me?"

"I didn't even know you were flirting with me! I thought you were just being nice!"

"Y/n..." Taylor laughed in disbelief, and I didn't blame her. "Honey, I've been flirting with you since we first met, and at first you seemed to be into it, and then slowly I noticed you pulling away, so I thought maybe you didn't like me like that, and then you started to hang out with Megan, and that's when I pulled away, but then you told me you didn't like her like that... Everything makes so much more sense now. Wait, so if you didn't like Megan, why did you sleep with her?"

"I was trying to get over you, which obviously didn't work!" I replied, still not able to fully grasp the truth. And then I remembered: Joe.

"So if you and Joe, aren't dating, why does he keeping DMing me saying you are?"

Taylor looked utterly confused. "What? He's been DMing you?"

I nodded and pulled out my phone, quickly going to Twitter to find our conversation. I handed her my phone so she could read all of his messages. I watched her expression go from confusion, to disbelief, then to pure rage. Slowly she looked up at me, blue eyes hard. "Are you fucking serious? What the fuck is his problem!? How DARE he say this shit to you! I'm gonna beat his ass- this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! It's one thing to not be over me and be upset about seeing us on social media, but messaging you- threatening you and invalidating who you are? That is NOT okay. I mean what the fuck is wrong with Joe!?"

Despite our current circumstances, I had to admit, it was meaningful to see how upset Taylor was about the shit Joe had texted to me. I think somewhere over the course of the time he had been messaging me, a small part of me wondered if the stuff he had said was true.

But Taylor quickly proved that wrong, and suddenly the thought of being with her, the thought of her wanting me, didn't seem so outlandish.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, sorry. You should never have had to deal with this-" 

I smiled and interrupted her. "It's okay, Taylor. It's not your fault."

"But even still, I should've done something! I should've stopped this!"

"Darling, you didn't know. There was nothing you could have done, please don't worry about it."

There was a moment where neither of us spoke, but I could tell the singer was in deep thought, so I kept quiet.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, voice small.

"Taylor-" I started to say, and I supposed she sensed I was going to dodge her question, so she cut me off.

"Why didn't you tell me, Y/n? I want to know."

I sighed and sat down on the couch. "Because I thought you guys were a thing, and I didn't want to get in the middle of that or risk starting drama. I guess...I guess I was afraid that if I said anything, I might lose our relationship, so I figured it'd be easier to just ignore him."

"Honey..." She practically whispered, sitting down next to me. "Even if we were a thing, I would rather have you tell me than have to put up with his harassment. I appreciate you caring about our relationship, but you matter a lot more to me than Joe ever has."

I allowed myself the smallest of smiles when she said that. 

"That morning at breakfast...you were upset after you got a text..." The blond said, almost as if talking to herself. "I stopped you from punching the wall in the alley..."

"That's when he sent me the text about how disgusting I was." I said, avoiding her eyes.

"Y/n..." Her voice was soft, and I felt one of her hands come to rest on my back, just below my shoulder blades. "I'm so sorry. I hope you know that everything he said was wrong. You are not worthless, you are not disgusting. Joe is a fucking asshole who can't seem to take a hint that I want nothing to do with him. You're the funniest, sweetest, most kind and caring person I've ever met. Not to mention you never fail to make me and the people around you laugh, and of course it doesn't hurt that you're pretty damn easy on the eyes." She let out a small chuckled, nudging me with a smirk.

I shook my head, though I couldn't keep the smile off my face. "Thanks, I appreciate that."

Taylor responded by rubbing my back, and I silently cursed myself for being overwhelmed with the urge to kiss her at such a serious moment.

Clearing my throat, I turned to her. "So, what now, then?"

She shrugged. "Well...since we've established Joe makes me want to vomit and I think you're incredibly sexy, I'd say dinner."

A light snicker left my lips. "Sounds good to me. For the record, I think you're incredibly sexy as well."

"Yeah?" She asked, and I nodded, surprised when she suddenly moved her position, swinging one of her legs over mine so that she was now straddling my lap.

My heart rate went from 0-100, and I looked down at her lips.

"Can I kiss you?"

Instead of replying, Taylor pulled me in close by the back of my head, pressing her plump red lips to mind.

I smiled into the kiss.