Chapter 69

They had found a place to practice.

Neville had managed to stumble across the Room of Requirement, a place always equipped with the needs of whoever sought it out.

It was almost as if Hogwarts wanted them to fight back.

Harry had found a mirror of sorts that they stuck photos on, along with the list of names of the people that signed up for Dumbledore's army.

They even had a photo of Cedric smiling in the corner of the mirror.

"It's missing something," Leona had said once she'd finished sticking the list of names up.

"I think I know what it is," Harry said as he pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket and stuck it up at the top of the mirror in the middle, and their parents smiled down at them.

It was the photo of the Order of the Phoenix that Sirius had given them.

"That's perfect," she said as she stared at her mother and father. "We're going to be good at this Harry," she said as they both stared at it

"Are we?" he laughed.

"Yep. We have to be."

And so training began.

"Wait, before we start," Dean Thomas said, once they'd all gathered in the room. "Didn't Leona promise to show us what she could teach?"

A fair amount of the boys in the room made noises of agreement as Leona looked to the twins and the Golden trio who flanked her, and they mirrored her wicked smirk before she stepped forward.

"You want to see what I can do?" she asked, and they all nodded, a few of the disbelievers making gestures of challenge. "Be careful what you wish for."

And she raised her hands into the air slowly and the people in front of her began to lift up off the ground as she levitated them.

"What are you?" asked one of the Patil twins as she lowered them back down to the ground.

"I'm a witch,' she grinned. "One that happens to be blessed with the ability to do wandless magic. It's an extremely difficult task that few can learn but I was born with it, which makes me all the more powerful. Which is why you'll be learning offensive spells with me and defensive spells with Harry. Now split."

The group did as she asked, splitting roughly in half as Harry, Ron and Hermione moved to one group, Fred throwing his arm over her shoulders.

"You're going to be good at this," he said as he kissed her temple and she exhaled deeply.

"I sure hope so." 

******************************************************************

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. Sort of a wizards' bread and butter really," Leona explained as they lined up for a group lesson, Leona with her wand tucked into her pocket. Her time spent with her father and the Order was also spent training her vigorously.

"Nigel, let's go. I'm giving you a free shot at me," she said as she made him stand opposite her on either side of the room, the others lining around them so they could see the demonstration.

The small boy hesitated.

"It's fine Nigel, I can take it," she promised.

"Stupefy!" he yelled, flourishing his wand almost as if he was throwing the spell, both him and Leona being sent flying backwards as they landed hard on the ground.

Fred was instantly about to run towards her, but George held him back as Leona was already up on her feet with a smile on her face as she moved to help Nigel up, the boy still dazed from the backlash.

"That was good. You just need to adjust your stance a bit more so you can keep your balance. That will put even more power into your spell," she explained kindly as the small boy brushed himself off.

"Are you sure you're ok?" he asked, and she smiled.

"I'm fine. I have a small protection spell on just in case," she whispered before spinning to face the group. "Alright, who's next?"

Ron and Hermione had paired up to go next, the boy promising to take it easy on her as Leona stood with the twins, Fred's arm wrapped around her casually as hers was wrapped around his waist.

"When you're ready," Leona called as the duo faced each other, wands raised.

"1 sickle," George challenged Fred, Angelina moving next to George as she linked their hands.

"You're on," Fred returned Leona only laughing at them.

"Stupefy!" Hermione cast before Ron could even open his mouth, sending the redhead flying with a surprised squeak.

"Thank you," Fred grinned as he accepted the coin.

"Shut up," George grumbled.

"I let her do that," Ron said as he approached them. "It's good manners, isn't it?"

George nodded while Leona only rolled her eyes.

"You're all idiots," she said before walking over to where Hermione was surrounded by Ginny and the rest of the girls who were giggling at what just happened.

Boys. Honestly.