Chapter 58: The Third Ancient Power Gained

After returning to the residence, Cale was waiting for the time to pass by testing the children about what they've been learning, of course, with a stomach full of roasted fish.

Once darkness finally descended on the small village, he took out some scuba gears from the magic box he got from Billos.

Cale stood on the window sill facing the Cliff of Winds and the Northeastern sea as he started to talk to On and Hong. "Keep a good watch at home."

"We won't let anybody in."
"Have a safe trip."

Cale just nodded his head to respond to the kittens before looking toward the Black Dragon.

Raon looked toward Cale with confidence and casually called out a spell 'Flight'.

At that moment, Cale's body floated up into the air. "Let's go."

Raon took the lead and Cale followed behind him. Cale was carrying a magic bomb as they flew high in the air in order to avoid getting noticed.

Cale's plan today was to hit the whirlpool accurately before running. By the time people came out in shock, Cale would have already disappeared like the soundless wind.

Raon 's version of the magic bomb was scheduled to go off ten minutes later.

"It looks even worse at night." Cale looked down at the largest whirlpool underneath him and commented. He then started to think. 'Toonka really is a crazy bastard.'

How did Toonka end up getting the Sound of the Wind in the novel? He was shipwrecked and arrived on this island, and then starts to show interest in this whirlpool when his condition got a bit better.

Volcanoes, glaciers, desert, this bastard who liked to crash against the elements with just his body could not help but be interested in this ocean whirlpool.

Toonka enjoyed dangerous situations. No, he was obsessed with them. That was why Cale was calling him a crazy bastard.

< "It's my first time in the ocean, but it looks fun." >

Toonka said that before jumping into that whirlpool without any preparations.

Naturally, Cale had no plans to act in the same manner. Cale had already packed everything he needed in the scuba gear's pockets.

"Is it here?"

Cale nodded to answer Raon's question and looked around. Maybe it was because it was a country village, but the entire village was dark at night.

The ocean was even darker. But it was much louder than the village from the sound of the whirlpool. The fact that it would get louder will not draw any attention. They will just think it is the whirlpool being weird and forget about it.

Cale turned away from the ocean and looked toward the Cliff of Winds.

< Toonka discovers a hidden cave underneath the Cliff of Winds and enters with curiosity. He finds something at the end of the cave and lets out a laugh. "I didn't expect such a good thing to be here." It was a fateful encounter that Toonka had never even expected. >

Cale put aside the information from the novel and spoke to Raon. "Let's start."

"Alright, Human." Black mana started to come out of the Raon's short front paws.

Ooooong- The magic bomb reacted to the mana and started to vibrate.

The magic bomb in Cale's arms was not the magic bomb used by the secret organization in volumes 1 and 2 of the novel. 'It is a much better magic bomb.'

Around the second half of volume 3, the mages of the Whipper Kingdom, who were pushed to the brink, start to develop new tools to fight against the non-mages.