Chapter 60: The Investigation & The Fight with The Whale

"Young master Cale! I'm sorry for coming over so early, but I needed to share some amazing news with you!" Young lady Amiru was smiling brightly. "Do you know what it is?"

It was rare to see the usually calm Amiru this way. She seemed to have come straight from the sea, as she still had a raincoat on and other people were with her.

"I have no idea." Compared to the excited Amiru, Cale was calm. He wasn't curious at all.

"The whirlpool, the whirlpool in front of the central island has disappeared! It disappeared overnight without even a trace!"

'I made that happen.' Cale could not tell her he had done that, so he just looked away.

Next to Amiru was the veteran fisherman and some knights, as well as Toonka.

As described in the novel, Toonka had long brown hair like a lion's mane. This man with a dangerous appearance that seemed like he could and would easily send an orc flying with a single slap.

 This man with a dangerous appearance that seemed like he could and would easily send an orc flying with a single slap

He clicked his tongue and started to mumble. "How disappointing. I wanted to try jumping into that whirlpool. Should I jump into a different one instead?"

He definitely was a crazy bastard.

At that moment, Amiru started to talk excitedly to Cale once again. "Young master Cale! In return for the Henituse family's investment, I want to show you the sight of a peaceful Ubarr sea. Will you go to the central island with me?"

Cale needed to show some sincerity in this project until someone arrived from the Henituse territory. Cale smiled at Amiru and asked. "Is everybody here going over?"

"Yes."

The corner of Cale's lips shook at Amiru's short answer.

Amiru, who did not see that and only saw the casual smile, pointed to Toonka and continued to speak. "Ah, this is your first time seeing this person, right? This is the person who was almost caught up in the whirlpool. Mr. Bob, this is young master Cale Henituse."

'Bob?' Cale had an odd expression on his face. 'What kind of stupid alias is this?'

Toonka put a smile on that scary looking mug of his. It was even scarier than seeing an ogre smile. "Nice to meet you. My name is Bob."

Bob. Toonka really used a fitting name for an alias. It was as stupid as him. Cale did not want to see Toonka's smiling face.

However, Amiru calmly started to explain. "Bob is from the Whipper Kingdom. He is from a small seaside village and went out to fish when somehow he ended up shipwrecked."

"That is correct. I just live a simple life fishing by the village. Hahahaha. I do not know how I ended up like this."

'A simple life my ass.' It was unbelievable.

Amiru did not know about Cale's thoughts, as she continued to speak. "That was why he got on a boat and helped us investigate what happened last night."