Chapter 41: Grace

I sat in the library finishing my math homework before lunch was over. I snacked on my carrots and drank my water.

I heard steps behind me and then the chair next to me was suddenly filled. I looked up and Finn was there with a book in his hands.

" Hi Grace, you ok?"

I nodded. And then I followed it with a shrug. "I noticed you haven't been going to the Delgado's bookstore lately but I know it's your favorite. So I brought you a book I thought you might like." He pushed it over to me.

" thank you, Finn."

" I'm going to give you a heads up, River rang me up and he slipped a little note into one of the pages, so don't be surprised when you see it."

He stood up and I watched him, he bent down and kissed my cheek. " take care Grace." He smiled at me and then walked away. I waited till he left before fanning the pages of the book until a piece of paper dropped off.

I'm sorry.
Just let me talk to you, I'll explain. You know I'd never hurt you. I love you.

I read it over and over again until I heard the bell ring. I gathered my things and I walked out of the library.

I miss River.

I miss his kisses and his hugs.

And his soft hands. I like when he holds my hand. And I love it when he runs his fingertips over my tattoo.

Maybe I should let him explain?

"He's a freaking bitch, don't ever talk to him again, he'll never be loyal to you!"

My sister's words haunt my mind. She says I should never talk to him again.

But I love him. My sister said love is for idiots.

So does that make me an idiot?

I must have been thinking so hard because I bumped into someone, I fell back a bit but they caught me.

" Not going to lie, Gracie, I've been pacing this hall until you came out that library." He smiled down at me. " Hi River." I gulped.