sixteen - the decision

another short chapter 😅

~

it's been over a week since the apology. the humans were back in their apartment still deciding whenever they wanted to stay with the demons or go. the demons told them to say their names after they made their decision.

however, they were hesitant about their job. they haven't been there since the demons took them months ago. issei stopped by for a visit, but it didn't last long since chenle and jisung kept calling for his name.

"do you think we should call them now?" shion asked shosei.

shosei shrugged, "i don't know. we could, but at the same time it's too early for that."

shion nodded, "understood."

sukai sat next to shion, "hey, when do you think we should call them?"

"i'd say around seven. everything around here happens around seven at night," shion said like a matter of fact.

syoya joined them and sat next to shosei, "so seven it is."

the other three nodded. even if they were with the demons for months and learned a lot about them, this decision was making all of them scared. what if they all of the sudden change their mind but it was too late?

"i hope we know what we're doing. because this is going to change our lives forever," sukai said.

"oh, i know we know what we are doing. besides, no matter how scary it is this is the decision we made," shosei said.

"yeah," syoya and shion said at the same time.

they changed the subject after that. they had some time to think of other things besides the decision just so they would feel less scared.

~

it was almost seven in the evening. the four friends spreadesmd throughout their kitchen so they could have personal space. all of them took deep breaths before calling for their soulmates' names.

"jaemin."

"jeno."

"donghyuck."

"renjun."

suddenly, the four said demons appeared without a portal, which surprised the humans. it made them wonder if there were other ways to transport to hell.

"ah, look who called us," renjun smirked.

"so, you've made your decision. what is it?" donghyuck asked.

"you don't mind either way do you?" sukai asked.

"not at all! we'll be happy if you accept. if you don't however, no hard feelings. we totally understand," jaemin assured.

"so what's your decision?" jeno asked.

the humans looked at each other and smiled before syoya walked over to donghyuck and hugged him. donghyuck was getting his hopes up because of this.

"we decided......we accept your apology. even if it kills us, we want to stay. we just hope we wouldn't feel regretful," syoya said, looking at donghyuck.

as shocked as he was, donghyuck smiled, "oh believe us, you won't. we'll make sure to make up for everything you guys went through."

"is that a promise?" shion raised an eyebrow.

"yes, it is," jeno smiled. his eyes glowing in excitement.

the humans couldn't explain in words why they made that decision. it's almost like some mysteries are better off unsolved.

~