___________________________

I stomped down the stairs and was greeted by my parent's warm smiles as they sat at the table. That was odd, my father was never home at this time in the morning, he was normally at his job. Then I saw the letter on the table with that oh-so-familiar emblem.

"I am not going to a boarding school," I said, pulling my chair out, making it screech. Both my parents winced.

"My dear it is a once in a lifetime experience," My mother said.

"Last time you said that we ended up going to a funeral," I said. She paled.

"Are you sure you are okay dear?" she asked, worried.

"Oh I am perfectly fine," I said, cutting myself a piece of banana bread.

"This is a writing school, they guarantee that you will publish at least one book before you graduate high school. You always said you wanted to write a book Delta" my mother reminded me.

"You can just give it a try, and see if you like it," my father said.

"I already gave it a try, and I absolutely hated my best friend dying" I snapped.

"You had a sleepover with him two nights ago, in your secret spot in the forest, he came over to the house yesterday, as far as I know, he is very much alive"

"If I leave he won't be" I retorted.

"Is that what kids do these days? See the future" my father asked.

"I am not going to that school. I am perfectly happy here, I have friends, I get okay grades, I know everyone, I love it. Please don't make me leave" I said.

"If that's really what you want," my mother said doubtfully.

"You might regret it one day," my father said bitterly.

"Oh believe me I don't think I ever will" I replied.

___________________________

Vote

Comment your thoughts

Share

-G