Chapter 12

"You ready for tonight?" Jax asked me as he was applying makeup on my face,

"Tonight, things can go according to plan or shit will hit the fan" I told him,

"but I am ready for both, I am just worried that dad will not be prepared to see that I am no longer his baby" I ended it softly,

Over the month, Dad and I have bonded quite well. You can say he is my favourite person in the world and King follows in second. I think its normal to love your dad the most. He treated me like a true princess. He pampers me despite my protest, he makes me happy and loved. He showed me that I still have a family with him.

Alex has been spending as much time possible with both of us. Rest of his brothers, we are on awkward talking terms, I am sure that maybe one day in the future, we will get along as a family. My cousins on the other hand, we have been wreaking chaos whenever we meet up to the point grandpa has been trying to keep us apart. Yes, I have started to call Vincent grandpa. He is the only one apart from the twins, who is aware of my second identity. He has not been pampering me a lot like my dad but has been training me a lot. Helping me to improve my skills, and to say that my skill is improved highly thanks to him. He pushed me to limits that I never knew existed. He said after the ball, he will get someone else to train me so that I can be stronger.

Grandpa was no sexist, he believed that women and men are equal. That has been the reason why he keeps pushing me. He, on many occasion the past month, has shown me how proud he is of me. He is now Death adviser, with his help, Death has gotten better at planning and improvising. King said he will personally thank grandpa at the ball. I am sure those two will get along just fine. I smiled at the thought of seeing King.

"Ah, someone is thinking of their prince charming" Jax laughed bringing back to the present as he finished his last touch.

"You have magical hands" I kissed his cheeks. And I wore the gold dress he designed. It looks splendid, I saw he added diamonds on the side. I gave him a look while shaking my head,

"What! It is a big night, and you have to look outstanding" he pouted childishly,

"I know, and I love the design, style, it suits me perfectly" I informed him as I ran my hands down the dress.

"Let's go, they are waiting for us," I pulled him out the door, Death was waiting for us. We are walking in together. It like the board of directors making a group entrance.

We walked in and everyone eyes were on us as we walked towards the stage in the center of the room. We walked up the stage, I went forward to the mic. I saw the surprised looks on my family faces. I gave them a small smile before I started.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, I am Jasmine Russo. I think most of you saw me two months ago at the Russo's ball. Tonight, I am here to reintroduce myself. I am the Chairwoman of King corporation; I have been the one handling the corporation the last few years and will still be handling it along side the Chairman of the company. Everyone, please welcome Daniel King of King Corporation," I spoke, and the doors opened, in walked Daniel, dazzling everyone with his amazing look. Yet he was not looking at anyone else but me, I saw his eyes twinkling as he took me in. He expression looks cold to the people, but I saw the happiness he was feeling.

He walked up to the stage and took the mic from me gently. I wanted to take a step back so that he can speak. He held on to my waist tightly, he kissed the side of my head before he addressed the room,

"Good evening, everyone, I am the Chairman of the Corporation. We have already started to take on projects to improve the lifestyle in the country," he started to speak briefly about the projects that we are handling. He answered some questions regarding the projections.

"I would also like to introduce you all to my girlfriend who I am planning to marry in a few years' time. Please meet, Jasmine my girlfriend and my future wife" Daniel announced to the world, earning applauds while my family was staring at him, some with anger, some with jealousy and others in shock.

"You really know your way to a woman's heart" I joked with Daniel while we chatting and catching up with our friends. It has been years since our group was completed in a gathering.

"Yeah, King," Leah chuckled making Dan smirk more,

"You guys, he was telling the world that Jas is off limits," Jax teased as he fist bumped with Daniel.

"Well, we should mingle with the guest soon. We shall have sleepover at our place later" Daniel, stood up, pulling me up next to him, his hand around my waist. They rest nodded, and soon we were off mingling, carefully avoiding the Russo family. I saw Dad smirking at his family while he sent me a small smile. He knows about Daniel, he just did not know about the depths of our relationship until today.

"You okay babe?" Daniel whispered in my ears after placing a kiss on the side on my head.

"Yeah, I am fine. Just feeling slightly drained" I answered him, he looked at me with concern.

"I can survive the night" I smiled at him.

"Woah, that was lots of questions. I mean they kept repeating the same question, 'how did they two meet?' or 'this for real or are they together for publicity'" Athena sighed as she slumped into the couch. We all laughed,

"They cannot believe the two amazing people in the world are in a relationship" a new voice spoke, snapping our heads to the doorway where dad and Alex were standing. Alex looks hurt while Dad was smiling brightly.

"Dad, Alex, take a seat," I gesture them to come in. Alex being Alex, squeezed his way between me and Daniel. He made sure that Daniel and I cannot touch each other. Daniel looked amusingly at my brother before laughing softly.

"Alex, leave your sister's boyfriend alone" Dad chided him,

"NO way. Baby is too young to date him or anyone," Alex whined loudly.

"Alex, as much as I love you as my brother. Dan is not going anywhere, he is here to stand for better or worse" I laid my head on his shoulder trying to comfort him,

"Fine, but I am still going to seat here. He had my sister for the most of the night, she is to spend time with me now" Alex stated as he pulled me closer to him. I giggled at his actions.

Daniel raised both his hand in surrender to my brother,
"You can keep her for now, because I know she is mine forever" Daniel teased my brother, who glared at him.

"Anyways, we are here just to let you know, the house is on fire. Everyone is bursting around like popcorns, you can watch out for your brothers trying to meet you" dad informed us,

"I know, we are planning to meet your family tomorrow, to introduce myself to the family. It is time your sons pay for hurting Jasmine" Daniel stated unhappily,

"You have my support tomorrow then," Dad smiled at him,

"Dad! How can you be so calm with him" Alex complained,

"Oh, am I? But the moment he makes Jasmine cry, it is his end. Mafia prince or not, I am sure your father will help me" Dad smirked at Daniel,

"You know my father?" Daniel asked confused,

"Why not, he is my best friend" dad answered him with a smile. Dad is best friend with Uncle King. This is amazing!

"Dad, would you like to join us in meeting Uncle next week?" I asked dad hopefully,

"I would love to. It has been long since I met him, it is time for our catch up" he smiled happily.

I am glad to see dad happy. I know losing mum is still something he has not gotten over yet. I hope he will soon get his sweet revenge for mum. Dad lost more than mum; he lost his time of making memories with his family.

He was not given time to grieve properly. Which I know, I will help him with soon. Our family needed to grieve properly for them to actually move on with their life.

"We will help them darling, do not worry" Daniel kissed me before he tucked us both in for the night. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, thinking of what Daniel said.