Chapter 28: Two Five's

The boys get a pint of Guinness while I get a glass of water.

I sat across from Luther while the Fives sat across from each other.

"Well... this is nice isn't it? The four of us, together like this," Luther smiled.

"No," both Fives say in sync.

"Somebody explain to me how it is I'm having a pint of Guinness with my younger self," Old Five said.

"Older, actually," Five said, "I'm you, just fourteen days older."

"I have pubic hairs smarter than you," Old Five said, "how's that possible?"

"I can explain," Five said, "you see, one hour from now, on the grassy knoll, before the president is killed, you break your contract with the commission. I already know you're thinking about it. All those years in the apocalypse, we never stopped worrying about our family. About Y/N. Well, today you're going to do something about it. Today, you're going to attempt to time travel forward to 2019. However, you're going to screw up the jump and end up in this twip of a body, trapped forever, small, pubescent!"

I lightly kick his foot and gave him a look. I think he's very handsome. 

"Okay," old Five says before farting.

Paradox psychosis.

"Even if I was to believe you, what am I supposed to do? Not jump?" Old five asked.

"No, no. I need you to jump. If you don't jump i cease to exist. What I need from you is to jump correctly," Five said.

"I'm listening," Old Five leans in.

"The first time around I got the calculation wrong. That's how I ended up in this body. But now, I know the correct calculation," Five said.

"I'm listening."

"I'll be glad to tell you... In exchange for that briefcase you're holding under the table," Five said.

"Yeah, yeah, you go back to 2019 as planned, but this time with the right math, so you remain a full-grown man. In exchange, we get that briefcase you no longer need," Luther said.

"Timeline restored, paradox resolved. Everyone goes on existing happily ever after," Five said.

"That's quite a lot to take in," Old Five said.

I nodded in agreement. 

"What do you think?" Five asked him.

"I think... I need to piss," old five said standing up with his briefcases in hand.

He walks off towards the bathroom.

"Oh," Luther said looking at Five. He picks up his napkin and starts to dab his face.

Poor Five.

"Well, besides the flop sweat, I think that went pretty well, am I right?" Luther asked as he dabbed Five's face.

Five pulled his hand away, "No, no, there's something... something doesn't feel right about this."

"What... what do you mean?" Luther asked.

"I don't trust him," Five said.

"But he's you," Luther said.

"Exactly," Five replied.

I take his hand.

"I think I can talk to him," Luther says standing up.

"Luther, I don't think-" I started.