- Ten

Adisyn Kay Wise

He likes sad endings!

I do too.

I cry and it's one of the best cries I could have? I complain, I yell, I throw the book, I'm like a little kid who doesn't get the toy they want when I read a sad ending but I still like them? I won't say it's a love and hate relationship because I don't hate sad endings, I like them.

"I was invited to this after party, it got shut down. I stole some wine, went to the roof, sat down and drank. I didn't care a bit, it was a good night because the sky was so clear and pretty, the moon was almost full—"

"Waxing gibbous?" He interrupts saying a moon phase. He doesn't look like the type of guy to memorize moon phases "I'm not an idiot, I know my moon phases, I used to study astronomy."

"Waning gibbous, I still remember because the next night it was also the same and I always believed that those two nights were the best nights and the moon was perfect and I felt great." Those two nights I got to fully meet Reece and it was amazing.

"This guy came up - he was a year older than me and I just... opened up to him? Told him how I felt and last thing I know, he offered me to spend the summer with him and I agreed?"

He breathed a laugh.

Does he believe this is some sort of joke? He has a smile on his face and looks happy and amused by what I said?

"I'm sorry but anyone with a brain would say no and I'm assuming you said yes?"

Idiot!

"And anyone with a brain would make it official with the girl they've been sleeping with for months but I'm assuming you didn't?" I can play that game too, Reed. I've been playing this game for a long time. I like playing this game.

You say something and I will say the same thing.

Two can play the game, Reed.

He knows he deserved that so he didn't give me a look and instead stayed silent "For your information, he saved my life. I wanted to end my life but I didn't and I believe it was because of him, his point of views changed mine and I'm in a decent mindset right now so I don't regret saying yes."

"Was the sex good at least?"

"Ye—" What.

He breathed a laugh by my half response "I don't regret a second with Juliette either, sex was good too so that was like a bonus of being with her? She was kindhearted I think that's what attracted me to her the most,"

"Same with the guy and I."

"She moved on, I think? I haven't heard from her since, I bet she's still fucking pissed with me and I would too. She deserves a good life," He isn't showing any emotion.

Jules cheated on him.

Cheating is already bad the way it is but cheating with a family member? He didn't say who. He didn't say what happened next and I didn't ask because that's inappropriate of me to ask, it's non of my business and he told me half the story.

I feel like I shouldn't bother him with asking that, it would be weird of me to ask that too. We're barely having a decent conversation which doesn't involve yelling nor work so I should enjoy it? And as he said, stop making it more awkward.

"I think you will like this one," I didn't even notice we had arrived until he spoke. That was a long car ride? I'm guessing because of traffic?

Hopefully we don't see another one of his ex's here.