― 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘‒𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR 

― INSTEAD OF SERVING, Oikawa fell down. 

Seeing this, you rushed to the brown-haired teen. Oikawa being Oikawa denied the fact he just fell down, brushing it off saying he just tripped is all.

You were reluctant, it didn't seem like he tripped. He just literally slid down onto the floor.

Oikawa tried to stand but failed as he fell again. He was lucky Iwaizumi caught him just in time before he could crash onto the hard surface. Iwaizumi set Oikawa down as you rushed to grab a first aid kit from the equipment room.

"It's okay," Oikawa grunted as he, once again, tried to get up.

"You call this okay?!" Iwaizumi harshly asked, his hands grabbing Oikawa's collar, pulling him close. [( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)]

"Just stop it already! How much more do you want to practice?! Until you get injured that you can't play anymore?!"

You can only watch, panicking. You didn't know what to do. It was nerve-wracking.

Finally, Iwaizumi heaved a sigh and set Oikawa down carefully for you to check up on his leg.

Oikawa's face was faced down, a shadow cast on his face. 

With trembling hands, you set Oikawa's leg straight on the, somehow, cold tiled floor. 

As you observed the setter's leg, you noticed a red spot on his knees. Touching the part, Oikawa winced in pain. 

You got up, going to look for some ice pack. Luckily, you remembered there were some in the storage room's mini freezer. 

"I want to win..." A voice, Oikawa's to be specific, finally broke the deafening silence. "I want to get better... to beat Ushiwaka...Tobio and everyone.."

Iwaizumi, who was facing the other at the time, snapped back to the brunette. His eyes were filled with rage, but more of disappointment. 

"You want to win, huh," Iwa muttered. "Beat everyone, huh?"

This time, Iwaizumi finally faced Oikawa, his eyes burning holes into the setter's soul. 

"Don't you think I want to win too?"

Silence. 

Even if you're inside the storage room, you could feel the tense atmosphere between the two childhood friends. This may be their biggest fight. You could feel it. 

Grabbing the ice pack, you head towards the exit only to stop, mid-track.

"It's not only you, bastard! Why did you think that?!"