Miscarriage P2

Josh's POV

When we get home I lock the door before sitting next to Maya, "How you feeling Gorgeous?" I ask and she turns her head to look at me but doesn't answer. "Maya...Please..." I say softly and she looks at me sadness glistening in her eyes. "You know I'm here for you. I-I know I haven't always been but I am now and I'm not going anywhere." I continue and her eyes dart around for a while, "I don't know what I'm feeling Josh." she says and I wrap my arms around her. I look at her before lifting my hand to her face and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before resting my head on top of hers. I barely notice a few tears fall down my cheeks, I'm too focused on the blonde in my arms. I slowly begin rubbing circles on her back when she looks up at me. She lifts a hand up and moves some hair from my eyes, "I love you Josh." She says softly before kissing my cheek. I smile at her before moving her onto my lap and pulling her closer. I feel Maya rest her head on my chest and smile as I hear her breathing slow while she falls asleep. I move slightly before falling asleep.

I slowly open my eyes and sit up a little before noticing Maya's missing. I stretch my arms out before rubbing my eyes and getting up. I look around downstairs before going upstairs. I walk up to our bedroom and hear shuffling. I knock before walking in, "Hey Gorgeous." I say causing her to turn in my direction. "Hey.." She says quietly before turning back around. I walk over to her and see she's putting makeup on, "Whatcha up to?" I ask and her eyes dart to me. "Putting makeup on..." She responds quietly and I sigh, "You don't need it Maya." I tell her and rub her shoulders. She leans her head back onto my chest and takes a deep breath. I continue rubbing her shoulders before taking a makeup wipe out of the packet and using it to take her makeup off. I'm surprised she didn't try and stop me. "Josh?" She asks softly and I respond, "Hm?" "Why did you do that?" She asks and I look at her before answering, "Because, you grow up Gorgeous Little Ferret. You're beautiful and a--nothing could change that." I say and her eyes narrow as if she knows I'm avoiding the word. "Thanks..." She says, almost in a confused manner. I let out a loud breath, "Maya." I say and help her stand up, "Look. Getting through this will be hard. On you. On me. On our relationship. But we will make it through this because we have each other, and I know for sure that this will just bring us closer together." I tell her and when she looks up her eyes are glistening with tears, "Oh..Gorgeous..I'm sorry, I-I didn--" She cuts me off by pressing a quick kiss on my lips. She smiles at me slightly, "Thank you Boing, I think I needed to hear that." I smile when I hear the nickname she gave me when we first saw me at my brothers Christmas party. "We're gonna get through this?" I ask and she nods, smiling, "We're gonna get through this." She says and I hug her, gently, scared to hurt her. She pulls away, "Are you gonna be treating me like a sick, wounded animal?" She asks jokingly and I smile at her and shrug teasingly. She punches me in the shoulder softly, finally giving me her beautiful, full smile.

--Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this, if you have any ideas for a one shot let me know and have a great day!--