Chapter 22: Saying Goodbye.

"Do you really have to go?" I ask, a frown etched on my face

"Yes, honey. " Isabella hugged me tight.

"No, stay." I hug her back.

"Woof," Sophia came over to us.

"You cannot be sarcastic today." I grab her hand and tug her into a group hug.

"I thought you already finished your period." Sophia said, but hugged me back, just as tight.

Sophia and I have a weird friendship, we love each other, but we don't show it much.

"I'll miss you guys," I mutter.

"We'll miss you too, darling, but we'll visit." Sophia tightened her hold on both of us.

"Whenever you can, no pressure." We stood there for a couple of minutes.

My two best friends are leaving for college, and they're not coming here for Christmas, they're going home to their families, which is understandable, but still hurts.

"Come on you three, we've gotta leave." Blake called.

We broke apart and I went over to my brother, that's standing near Blake, and I pull him into a hug.

Our parents have already said their goodbyes, that's why they're not here right now.

"I'll miss you, Kay." He leaned down a little and hugged me back.

"I'll miss you too." He squeezed me a little and we broke apart.

Next, I stood in front of Blake, this is gonna be awkward isn't it?

"Take care of my girl for me please." I sternly commanded, gesturing at Isabella, which made Blake chuckle lightly.

"Come here." He hugged me.

"Are they... hugging?" I hear Sophia ask, completely shocked.

"I think they are." Isabella replied, as equally bewildered.

We broke apart as well after the short hug and I went over to the last person on my list. Oliver.

"Your last year, huh?" I stood in front of him.

He said nothing and wrapped his hands around me, lifting me up, and my arms automatically wrap around his neck.

"I'll miss you, Smalls." He whispered in my hair.

"I'll miss you too." My voice grew thick.

"Hey, no, don't cry." He pulled away a little so he can look at me, "We're only two hours away." He reasoned.

"I know, but I'll miss you guys." I lamely said.

"We'll miss you too, Kay, I know I will miss you like hell, but we'll visit, and There is Christmas break, don't worry, Smalls." He smiled softly.

"I know," I nodded and plastered as much of a smile as I can.

"Good." He kissed my cheek and hugged me to him again. Then he let go of me and gently put me on the ground, being careful of my cast.

"We'll miss you Kayden," Isabella said, her eyes turning a bit glossy. Precious.

Now, I know you might think we are a little dramatic but that's who we are so deal with it.

"I'll miss you guys too, but I swear if you don't go now I will chain you to the couch." I laughed, and they laughed with me, and then they left.

All except Oliver.

"Go, I wasn't kidding." I mutter.

"I will call you, and text you, I won't let you forget about me." He came a bit closer.

Ha, like I could forget about him, dude I tried, for three years.

"It's more like you'll forget about me." I smile a little.

"I would never be able to forget about about you, Smalls." He pulled me to him, "Never." He whispered.

That makes me feel better.

"Thank you, I really needed to hear that." I muttered.

"If I don't go now, I will chain myself to the couch." He said, making me laugh, "Goodbye, Kayden." He whispered and kissed my forehead, then my cheek, then he left.

"Goodbye, Oliver." I whispered after he closed the door.

☏☏☏

Hey, hi, hello.

How are you?

I wrote this when I had a pretty shitty day so I wrote a chapter that represented it.

*cue smiley face with thumbs up emoji*

Anyhow, did you like it?

This is a relatively short chapter cause I didn't really have anything more to add and I didn't want to ruin it.

And Rame hit 1k reads!!! What??
Thank you so much for whoever is reading this, it literally means the world to me, I love you.

Okay I'll stop being annoying and leave now.

QOTC☟︎

(A little unnecessary info, my English teacher had so many posters on the wall of his classroom and this quote was there too, he said it was one of his favorite quotes, so do with that information what you will

(A little unnecessary info, my English teacher had so many posters on the wall of his classroom and this quote was there too, he said it was one of his favorite quotes, so do with that information what you will.)

K, love you, muah, bye.