twenty three

Meher's POV,
"Meher Qadri is my legal wife. Infact, she's not Qadri but Meher Azlaan Khan!" He announced in front of everyone and.... I just lost the conscious part of my brain.

If you even dare to tell anyone about this stupid marriage.....it won't be good for you.

That's what he said to me time and time but now....he just said it out loud to everyone himself?!

"You two are.....married?"

My heart jumped to my throat as I heard Imraan whisper that. The horrified look on his face was squeezing my heart more and more making my eyes prick with tears. It was the first time since the hospital that I ever felt like crying or my heart hurted this much.
He found out and I had no words in my head or no voice in my mouth to explain anything to him.

"How is....that possible?"
A tear slipped down his eye and seeing that I couldn't hold my tears either.

I want to marry you Meher....
I want a family as beautiful as you....

His words made me dare to desire an impossible dream.

"Im...."

My hand almost stretched towards him on its own but I was startled out of my daze as Azlaan pulled me to him by my shoulders whilst Imraan watched us.

"So don't you dare point fingers at my wife, because if anyone did ... I won't stand for it!"

Before I knew it I was being dragged away by Azlaan....away from Imraan as he watched us both and I watched him helplessly.

####
"It's over now! Everyone knows that we're married. I'm sorry I made you hide it for soo long. But now you believe me, don't you Meher? I really want to be with you and I really love you. Now, no one would come between us anymore."
Azlaan said kissing my hand as I sat lifelessly in his car with him.

The only thing I could think about was Imraan's shocked face. The pain in his teary eyes and his trembling hands. This was the thing I dreaded the most.

"Meher? What's wrong...hey...."

I couldn't breathe and my vision was getting blurry.
"How .... could you? He was right there? He....heard everything."

"Meher.... please don't cry."

It was as if a dam bursted in my and I was crying in my hands. My chest was hurting like hell as my closed eyes could only see Imraan and his only his words echoed in my ears.

"Meher...." I felt Azlaan's arm around me but I pushed him away getting a shocked expression from him.
"Don't touch me!" My anger was uncontrollable now.

"Why? Is it soo much fun for you playing with me? What did I ever do to you? I'm begging you to set me free from this marriage but you... announced it to everyone! Even in front of Imraan? HOW COULD YOU?!" I yelled at him.

"Because I cannot stand seeing you two look at eachother like that!"
He yelled too.
"You can call it my selfishness but I can't bear to see him stand for you or talk to you or even look at you with that look in his eyes.... because I love you Meh...."

"Saying a lie multiple times doesn't make it the truth!"

"It's not a lie!!!!"

"I don't care because I don't love you anymore.....I love Imraan!"

I gasped at my own words and we both gaped at eachother with the same shock.

Do I love Imraan? That's right....

It was at that moment when everything came rushing to me. The first time we ever met, when he gave me the keychain, then during the fresher's party when he helped me soo kindly, meeting his mother, laughing with his family. The way I could be myself with him forgetting about all the worries of my world. His kind words to me, his subtle doting ways, the way he respects and cares for me. His selfless love for me....
I had already fallen for him way before I knew it.