16

The morning light shining through Jungkook's window didn't wake him up at all. Truth be told, Jungkook was already awake. He couldn't sleep well and his mind was the blame for it.

Groaning, he lifts himself up to take him to the bathroom and shower. Jungkook washes up and gets dressed for the day. His dark hair was pulled back behind his ears today, and his outfit read business casual. He grabs his keys and leaves for the firm, picking up breakfast on the way for him and Y/N.

Y/N was already up and early for work, continuing to work on the case whilst she waited for Jungkook.

Word about her 'hangout' with Hoseok was spreading like wildfire. Everyone in the firm seemed to know about it, and she had people continuously knocking at her door to talk about how good Hoseok was in bed.

No matter how many times she denied sleeping with him, no one seemed to believe her.

Jungkook heard the rumors as soon as he walked through the doors of the firm. Jimin didn't hold back on any questions about Hoseok and Y/N's relationship, and it really got under Jungkook's skin. The rumors were clearly untrue and Jungkook should've been the one everyone was talking about, not Hoseok.

Ignoring all of Jimin's gossip, he goes straight into her office without knocking, again.

"Brought you breakfast..." Jungkook mumbles in aggravation. He didn't know who to be annoyed with, but he wasn't suspicious of her. "Did you hear the rumors?"

"Yup.." She could tell Jungkook was getting irritated, but he should be fine seeing as she was with him last night. "Hoseok must've told someone about last night, word must have travelled fast-" There was another knock at her door, making her groan.

"Come in!"

Jimin and Jennie walked through the door, quietly closing the door behind them.

"We know you didn't sleep with Hoseok," Jimin starts.

Well that's one way to start a conversation.

Jungkook shifts to his right leg uncontrollably. There was no way that Jimin could've figured out that the two slept together? Jungkook didn't tell anyone and he's sure that Y/N didn't either. Honestly, he had to listen to Jimin first to see where his claim was coming from.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook asks, sneaking a peek at Y/N from the corner of his eye.

Jimin was a smart man and everyone knew it. Y/N didn't even tell Jennie about it; she didn't tell anyone.

"We saw you leaving Jungkook's house last night," Jimin says, "..and your attire certainly explained what you were both up to," he smirks, sending eyes to the both of them.

"Why were you stalking my house again?" Jungkook rolls his eyes.

Y/N began to shrink down in her seat, covering part of her face with her hand. "I don't know what you're talking about," she mumbles, avoiding eye contact with Jimin.

If anyone thought Jimin was smarter than Jungkook, they were sure up for failure. Jungkook didn't become the best lawyer in the firm for nothing.

"And we were working on the case because her date with Hoseok didn't work out," Jungkook adds. He stuffs his hands into his pockets, daring Jimin to challenge him. "Nothing that you're implying happened. We just worked on the case at my house, bickered like usual, and she went home. That's all."

"The way Y/N is avoiding us definitely makes your excuse sound believable," Jennie says, pointing towards Y/N, who seemed to have disappeared behind her desk.

Jimin chuckles, "Even if your excuse was true Jungkook, why was she wearing your clothes?" he questions, already knowing what went down between the two of them. "Is it possible that you both..." he leans in towards Jungkook whispering,

"Fucked?"

"We didn't-" Jungkook sighs, changing his aggravation into a hushed whisper. "-We didn't fuck! She wore my clothes because she didn't wear anything warm enough." Technically, Jungkook didn't lie; she only came in a trench coat and lingerie.

He looks over at her with a plea to help him out.

When her eyes meet Jungkook's, she had no idea what to do. She shook her head at him, "Don't look at me Jeon, I don't know what else to say," she whispers, her face a very obvious hue of red

"Jungkook, we both know you would never give Y/N your clothes. You hate her too much you would've gotten enjoyment seeing her suffer in the cold," Jimin says, completely set on his assumption.

Well now his lies caught up to himself. There wasn't any way to hide this secret.

Damn, Jimin was good.

"Okay fine we did...hookup," Jungkook admits. The tip of his ears glow a slight shade of red and his eyes avoid hers. "Don't go around telling people! Especially my dad," he adds quickly, seeing Jimin's face turn into pure satisfaction.

Jungkook would be a dead man if his father found out about him and Y/N. "Just keep it between us, please?"

"Mhm don't worry, I won't tell anyone. In fact I'm glad you both hooked up. The tension between you both was palpable." The smirk on Jimin's face was unbelievable and there was a moment of silence between everyone until Y/N got up.

"Now Jimin, we have a case to work on, so if you could please find your way out," she pushes Jimin and Jennie towards the door, not wanting to look at them.

"Yeah, I bet you guys are gonna fuck in the office aren't you?" he says, the smugness in his voice obvious.

"Been there, done that," she says quickly.

"Wait, WHAT?"

Before Jimin could speak any further, Y/N had slammed the door on him.

"Oh my God," she groans, slamming her back against the door.

Jungkook slumps onto the couch, sighing in relief of Jimin's presence to be gone. "Should we talk about last night since the topic of our hook up came up?" He chuckles, but it's all lighthearted.
"Or more so, should we talk about what we're doing?" Jungkook reiterates.

"Hookups only? Friends with benefits? Or more?"

wc: 1026