29. Death

"All done

"All done." I look down at the valley of my breasts where a newly drawn serpent lays, it was black and small, it wrapped around a small triad and travelled a few centimetres down my chest. I turn to my shoulder where a few simple star sit, it reminded me of my parents hence, 'you're our light' with XIIXXIVMMVIII written under it. I got a simple leaf tattoo done on my thumb, and a small butterfly outline at my ribs.

"Thank you." She holds out the card scanner and I scan my card on it, she flashes me a smile and bids me goodbye.

I walk out of the tattoo parlour and down the street, I pull out my phone to check if a certain someone had messaged me, nothing.

After our bath we had a shower then Drystan and myself went over the details of the Russian mission with Amelia and Mateo, Drystan still doesn't like Mateo and made very rude comments about him which Mateo just ignored, he said and I quote 'I don't have time for petty jealousies.' Then Drystan punched him across his face.

It ended up in me having to clean Drystan's wounds whilst Amelia cleaned Mateo's.

The few days after, we only exchanged a few messages between us. It had been a week now and I got my stitches removed, it left a large scar but scars are what makes us, us. They tell our stories, our battles, our wars and most of all our past.

Adele's caller ID displays on my screen and I instantly remember that I was supposed to meet her a few days ago, I press answer and being the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello?! What do you mean hello?! I thought we were going to meet up and discuss everything that was supposed to be happening!" She exclaims and I roll my eyes.

"Ive been busy." Busy fucking Drystan. "But I'm free now?"

"Now, yes! That's fine, where do you want to meet?" She asks.

"Your office, somewhere secluded, confidential things are to be discussed." I say, I trust Adele with the mafia business but to an extent.

"Okay that's fine, I'll see you there, goodbye."

"Goodbye." I reply and hang up, I call my driver to pick me up. I guess I can go on my walk another day.

I do love what I do for a living, but I also like time for myself and a few days off just to think.

My driver pulls up at the side of the sidewalk and I step inside.

The drive is short and soon I arrive at her building, I walk out of the car and push open the entrance doors then stroll towards the elevator and press 'd' floor. Once I reach my designated floor, I stride to her office and knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear her say and I open the door then step inside, she sits behind her desk jotting something down on her paper, I close the door and take a seat in front of her then pull out my phone and gun, I place it on the desk as they were digging into my waist when I sat down, she looks a little taken back but covers it up.