Chapter 5

" Mom did you even hear me? " She asked her mother angrily when she saw her lost somewhere as she moved the glass in her hand in a circular movement. " Ofcourse baby. I did listen to you. "

She replied in a sugary tone making Mukti sigh. " Mom, that bitch answered back to me. She is getting too much freedom. " She said pouring more wine into her glass.

" Darling, don't worry. Just wait for tomorrow. I have done something which is gonna break all the connections of her with my son and your brother, Manik. " She smirked hearing her Mom. " You are very clever, Mom. Like me! " Niyonika smirked devishly and replied.

" From where have you recieved the genes? " Both laughed like mad women when Mukti's phone started to ring. " Ooo.. I see. My to-be-son-in-law is too impatient. " She winked at her daughter making her blush.

" Mom please! " Mukti whined making Niyonika raise her hands in defeat. " Okay, I understand. My daughter is now grown up. And she has secrets which she prefer not to disclose. Isn't it? " Teasing her she got up from her chair and moved towards Mukti.

" Okay, go. He must be waiting for you. And don't take tension of that girl. " She assured her on which she nodded and left.

----------------

▪ Next Morning. At Malhotra Mansion ▪

The breakfast was at silence. Raj, Manik's father was busy reading a newspaper. The mother and daughter kept passing smirks to each other. While Manik kept typing on his phone and Nandini continued her breakfast.

The silence got killed as soon as the doors of the mansion went wide and entered the problem in Manik and Nandini's love story. " Hey guys! " She exclaimed moving towards the dining area as she flipped back her mahogany curls.

The smirks grew wider onto the faces of the mother and the daughter seeing her enter. " Riya? " The words left Manik's lips making Nandini's attention turn towards him. " Hey, Riya. " Mukti came forwards and hugged her long time best friend.

" What a pleasant surprise, sweetie. " Niyonika hugged her after she got released from Mukti. "  I am sorry I disturbed you guys early in the morning. " She apologised mostly staring at Manik all the time who was staring at his plate curling his fists below the table.

" Ofcourse you did! " Aryan entered the area scrunching his nose at Riya. " No one asked you! " Mukti snapped at her little brother glaring at him with her eyes. " Bhabhi, my breakfast. "

Ignoring his mother's and sister's sweetie he sat on the chair beside Manik and asked Nandini to serve him who nodded. " Ah, well Nandini. Meet Riya. Manik Bhai's ex girlfriend and my best friend. She is gonna stay here for a week. "

Her hands stopped in the mid as she was serving Aryan. Manik closed his eyes hearing this and Aryan felt disgusted. " Hi Nandini! " Riya smiled which felt forced. Forwarding her hands infront of Nandini she shook them with hers.

Nandini hissed a little as Riya squeezed them. She surely didn't get good vibes from this riya. She felt that her little bonding with Manik was also going to end. And plus she was even his ex girlfriend. But why didn't Manik tell her about her?

And that is when it clicked Nandini. She was the same girl who was at the party. And she could still remember the comfort he had with Riya. Her heart got filled with sadness. " Come join us. "

Raj offered her to sit and she nodded. Pulling the chair next to Manik she sat there and Nandini gaped at them. She surely matched Manik's standards and she kept mum. " Excuse me Riya Piya. That is where Bhabhi sits. So get up. "

 Aryan spoke rudely and Nandini asked him to keep shut but he shook his head in no. " Let it be Aryan. Nandini can sit next to Dad. " Manik assured him and then smiled at Nandini who returned a weak smile.

He said that geninuely but he didn't know that had hurt someone.

------------------

Vote and Comment.

Thank you!