Chapter 80

Last chapter guys 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I made it extra long for you guys😭 shit I'm a mess. But yeah, this chapter is long as fuck, so enjoy

------

This song - Open your eyes by the Snow Patrol - is for the final scene, I will tell you when to play!

----------------

Damon's P.O.V

Something was up.

It wasn't just the creepy Joker smile Will was sporting while he dragged me along, it was how the previously packed fields were now mostly empty with the only remaining bodies heading the same direction we were.

The pack hall.

Amongst all that had been set up, I couldn't imagine why we were all heading that way and no matter how much I begged, Will wasn't budging.

Maybe it's a special performance - Theo suggests hopefully - like someones going to sing you a song.

I don't think the whole pack would be heading to the hall for someone to sing me a song.

I hoped not, I wasn't a fan of live melodic performances.

Maybe it's... - Theo doesn't finish that thought as nerves rise between the both of us.

I didn't like wishful thinking.

"Get that look off your face," Will snaps, bringing me from my spiralling thoughts, "no one is trying to kill you or anything so stop looking like your five minutes away from running."

"I'm not," I promise, "though if I did, I'd take you with me."

"That's a given," Will replies smartly.

I roll my eyes and look up at the massive building we were approaching with the same wonder as I always had. When Pops and Dad had broken down the old halls of their former packs and created this one, they'd made something really special.

The hall was the packs most open space, behind the towering entrance were parts of a traditional building with enormous marble carvings and stone flooring. But beyond the stage, arching ceiling and foundations that kept it up, most of the hall was mixed into the woods.

It made sense, with the size of our pack, to fit everyone inside a single building was impossible, but when the hall was open enough at its sides for everyone to be close enough through the many pockets of the woodlands surrounding it, it was perfect.

It was a beautiful place really, but all my heart could do was hammer away as we headed for the entrances and Will and I passed through the path the outside wolves were making for us.

They were all smiling at us, as they'd been doing all day, and it was still a little staggering to me. I had to remember to smile back since it wasn't fake or malicious, they were just happy to see us, to see me.

Strange, but nice.

When we reach the doors, the guards open them for us and I have to remind myself to breathe as Will leads us through.

Inside, my eyes skip over all the wolves packed inside and zone in straight on the massive banner hanging over the stage with Happy Birthday written on it in handwriting I knew was Dad's. 

Around it, were black balloons and ribbons, and blue and white ones too that streamed down the walls and ceilings towards the stage that was packed, and I mean packed with gifts that would take an eternity to get through.