CHAPTER 18

Liam

I have my arms folded as I wait for her father, my boss, to finish his meeting with the Monet's. The French mafia.

Gino stands next to me.

Soon enough her father comes back out and motions us to follow him out of the house.

Once we get back to the cars, I drive back.

We pull up to the gravel and I lock the car and escort him back inside. He then dismissed me and I made my way to Genesis's room.

When I knock once, there's nothing.

"Gen?" I say as I knock again.

I slowly press down on the door handle and it opens.

My eyes scan the room but she's no where. Then my eyes land on her bed. There's a suit case with clothes that were shoved inside, with the flap still open.

Then I hear fumbling in her closet.

I slowly take my gun out, that was tucked between the back of my pants.

I hold it up and push the closet door open with my boot.

I see her. With tears streaming down her face and  her clothes in a huge pile.

"Jesus, Gen. You scared me." I say as I put my gun back, tucked behind my pants.

She doesn't look at me.

She wipes her tears quickly and grabs 4 pairs of shoes.

"Woah woah woah. What are you doing?" I say, jumping in-front of her.

"I'm packing." She mumbles.

"Yeah I see that.." I say, watching her stuff the life out of her suit case.

"Where are you taking a vacation too?" I say, folding my arms.

"Dominican Republic." She states.

"Interesting." I mumble. She begins going back and forth between her closet and her suit case on her bed.

I push her suit case back and sit where it was sitting.

When she comes back from her closet she looks annoyed.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I told you, I'm packing." She insists.

"Why? Why are you crying and why are you going to the Dominican Republic?" I ask.

"I can get a marriage break signed there, without having my fiancé present." She says.

I stand up.

"You can't do that." I say, looking more serious now.

"Why do you want me to do this so bad?" She asks.

"I don't, I really really don't. If it could be any other way I would it want to be. But I know these people. Carlos and his family will kill you if they find out you get a marriage break signed in the Dominican Republic alone." I emphasize.