Chapter IV

The brown haired man smiled to the woman as he left the elevator onto the highest floor, waiting until it closed to start walking.

He made his way to the only door on the floor and opened it, shutting it behind him quietly as he stepped closer to the desk that was the only decoration in this large apartment along with a couch a few feet Infront of it.

He sat down on the couch and let out a small sigh, being tired from the exhausting day of work.

"You know you should start doing this yourself- it's so damn tiring-"

The back of the chair swiveled around to face him and a s/c hand picked up a small teacup, engraved with a beautiful blossom design. Their lips making contact with the rim of the cup and sipping some of the hot liquid before placing it down.

"You know I already have my job Kaito"

The said man rolled his green eyes and shoved his hand into his pocket, pulling out a small black flash drive and throwing it at her causing her to instantly catch it with her amazing reflexes.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I got all the info I could find on the hardrive and downloaded it into that flash drive"

She hummed and plugged it into her computer, clicking on the file that appeared and seeing many names pop up followed by pictures of them, scanning through them and smirking.

"Yes this is what I needed, thank you kaito, you did your job efficiently."

He scoffed and kicked his feet up on the edge of the couch as he layed down.

"I've been with you for years, I know how pissed you get when I don't do something properly"

The woman let a chuckle escape her mouth as she opened a drawer and took out a thick brown envelope, standing up and walking over beside the couch causing him to look up. She was dressed in a black turtleneck tucked into her black leather leggings aswell as the heeled boots that stopped a little below her knee. The usual attire he saw her in besides her long black jacket that she wore outside.

He took the envelope out of her hand and sat up as she walked back to her seat, sitting down and clicking on a random name.

"It's 2,500. Count it if you wish but I'm never wrong"

He chuckled and nodded as he placed the envelope down on the couch, standing up and walking beside her desk, looking out of the window wall that overlooked a majority of Yokohama.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

Her voice broke his train of thought and he nodded. She turned to face the windows and looked down, crossing her legs as she did.

"Tommorow I've arraged a meeting with an information broker, he goes by the name Ojee Kyou. He will hand you a file with locations. I will need it to continue foward with my plans. It will be at a small cafe downtown. I hope you have no plans yes?"

He shook his head as he leaned on her desk.

"None at all, I've never had any plans you know this"

"Why's that?"

"Because I work for you Y/n."

She smiled as she closed her eyes and places her chin on her intertwined hands.

"Why did you decide to work for me kaito?"

"Because you're my friend."

She kept silent as he straightened up and went back, taking the envelope and sliding his coat on.

"Well ima get going home, I'm tired and I desperately need a shower. See ya tommorow Y/n!"

He left as he finished his words and Y/n opened her eyes, looking over the city as the sun started to set and shook her head, starting to speak even though she knew no one was listening

"That's where you are wrong kaito. I'm not your friend."

"I don't do 'friends'."