Real or Fake?

After the longest headpat session of Mamoru's life, him and Beatrice made their way downstairs as Subaru and the rest of the group arrived back from the village.

Subaru: Yo, Beako! Did you miss me?

Beatrice: No.

Subaru visibly cringed and he grabbed his heart in fake pain.

Subaru: You know, that hurts alot.

As Subaru stopped his act, he noticed a certain yellow haired maid approaching them.

Frederica.

But there was one question on his mind as he looked at the tall maid who had surprisingly sharp teeth.

Why was she here?

Frederica: Welcome home, Emilia-sama.

Emilia: Frederica?

Frederica than smiled while showing off her teeth.

Frederica: Yes, it is I-

Mamoru: Heh, in person those teeth really are scary.

*later*

Mamoru was sitting on the couch with Subaru sitting next to him while lightly pulling his ear while Emilia pulled the other ear.

Frederica: Allow me to introduce myself, I am Frederica Baumann. I was employed here in the past.

Rem: I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you return all of a sudden?

That same question floated around in Mamoru's and Subaru's heads as they knew that the only reason Frederica came back was due to Rem getting her name eaten.

But this time they were able to prevent that, so why was she here?

Frederica: I returned here at Ram's request, apparantly Roswaal-sama wanted to re-employ me again.

Subaru frowned at the mention of Roswaal, but Mamoru had a more thoughtfull look as he figured that the book of wisdom must have ordered him to do that.

Mamoru did wonder how much the book of wisdom changed due to his existance.

Frederica: Apologies if i'm overstepping my boundries as a maid, but i've been wondering about something...

As she said that she looked at Beatrice who sat inbetween Mamoru and Subaru as she held Mamoru's hand.

Beatrice: Is there a problem with Betty being here?

Frederica: No, there certainly isn't, but it is simply a surprise to see you outside of your library.

Beatrice: Betty doesn't care if you want to know why-

Mamoru: I got her out when I first arrived here.

Due to Mamoru's interuption Beatrice looked at him while pouting, clearly not happy at the fact she was interupted like that.

Mamoru simply responded by patting her head.

Frederica: That's...a rather interesting development.

Rem: Yes, despite his afwul personality it was note worthy that he managed to achieve that.

After Rem said that, she glared at Mamoru, which Mamoru gladly responded with a glare of his own along with Beatrice.

Frederica's eyes widen as she saw the unprofessional and rude behaviour coming from the blue haired maid.

Subaru: Please stop making the atmosphere so tense, I feel like i'm about to die like this...Also Rem, stop being so mean to Mamoru.

Rem looked like she wanted to say something, but she closed her eyes and nodded at his words.