chapter 49

A large clutter of bats fly past us as I duck my head, waiting for them to all pass.

"At least someone's enjoying himself" Hermione says, looking at Buckbeak.

I turn to him to see him jumping around, chasing a few bats.

"Yeah. Hermione?" Harry calls after looking forward.

"Yeah?" Hermione asks.

I get up and sit with my back against a tree, leaning my head against it.

"Before, down by the lake when I was with Sirius... I did see someone. That someone made the Dementors go away"

"With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore. According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it"

"A really powerful wizard did" I say smiling.

"She's right. It was my dad. It was my dad who conjured the Patronus" Harry says, Hermione leaning forward.

"But Harry, your- your dad's-"

"Dead. I know" Harry says, making Hermione lean back "I'm just telling you what I saw"

"Here we come" Hermione says, all of us getting up.

"You see Sirius talking to me there?"

"Mhm" Hermione hums.

"He's asking me to come live with him" Harry says.

"What?!" I ask, taken aback.

"Yeah"

"That's great" Hermione says, nudging me in the side.

I'm not jealous of Harry, just... Annoyed.

"When we free him I'll never have to go back to the Dursleys'. It'll just be me and him. We could live in the country. Someplace you can see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban" Harry says.

"Am I invisible to you? Do you not know that I exist?" I ask Harry, visibly angry.

"Harry!" young Hermione calls, making us all turn to them.

There is a long and loud howl, then dad.

"Run! Run!"

Hermione screams, and I get taken back to that moment. I look at me and Remus wrestling on the ground and dad launching at him.

"Let's go" Harry says.

We follow Harry to me dad and Remus, Remus slowly walking towards Harry.

Hermione makes a triangle with her hands and howls, Harry stopping her.

"What're you doing?!"

"Saving your life" she replies, then howls again.

"Thanks" Harry says, but Remus starts running towards us "Great, now he's coming for us"

"Yeah, I didn't think about that. Run" Hermione says.

We all turn and run, me turning into a black wolf to hide in the darkness. As the other 2 run, I sprint ahead of them, climbing up a tree.

Harry and Hermione hide behind a thick one as Remus looks around. I walk down a branch, and see Harry and Hermione backing into a clearing, Remus standing not too far from them.

He growls and gets their attention, and as they shield themselves, I launch at Remus, rolling forwards and getting up on my paws. I roar at him, and he roars back, coming for me.

I run at him and push him back, but he uses his long back legs to kick me backwards, making me hit a tree.

He goes towards Harry and Hermione, but Buckbeak gets in front of them, standing on 2 legs and hitting Remus' head. Remus growls and snarls at him, but Buckbeak does the same, scaring Remus off.