4

"So please, hurry, leave me, I can't breathe"

I couldn't move I just felt sick and lay on the ground. My vision started to blur and Antonio started to mutter some words in Italian.

His huge frame towered over me and I look of worry filled his face.

My heavy eyes finally closed when I heard the last word before drifting into my slumber.

"Tesoro."

And like always. Antonio was my first and last thought of all my days and most likely the rest to come.

 Antonio was my first and last thought of all my days and most likely the rest to come

"Drea." Young Antonio smiled. My small scowl was replaced with a grinning smile.

I was sitting on the swings feeling lonely that Antonio wasn't at school but he showed up out of nowhere.

The wind was very heavy on a Friday afternoon and I was hanging out on the school playground waiting for my dad to pick me up.

"Antonio!" I shrieked. I jumped off of the swing and threw myself onto him collapsing Antonio and myself onto the floor.

Antonio laughed as I refused to let go of him.

"Drea!" He giggled, "Get off!" He started tickling me but I wouldn't budge. I missed Antonio the whole day he was gone that it physically hurt.

I held onto him for a few extra long seconds and finally let go, allowing us to stand up.

He took me to our secret corner in the playground where we had privacy with each other.

"You must have really missed me." He smirked grabbing my hand.

I smiled up at him.

He was so tall! And dreamy!

"I really did! I had no partner for math today and everyone would bully me whenever you're not here." I pouted.

Antonio's grip on my hand tightened and a frown overtook his face. I quickly rushed to say some words out to calm him down.

"But it's ok! I was only pushed once today!" I smiled with my missing tooth showing loud and proud.

"Who did it?" Antonio asked in a deadly serious voice.

"Who did what Ant?" I asked him in the nickname I gave him.

He got this nickname not because Ant is short for Antonio, but because he used to always collect ants when I first met him in preschool.

Now I was in second grade and he was in third grade the nickname never faded away.

In our elementary school, two grades shared a teacher. I was lucky enough to share a teacher with Antonio even though we were in different grades.