𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter two:losses┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter two:
losses
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"HOW MUCH FARTHER?" Lori asked as they made their way back to the highway.

"Not much. Maybe a hundred yards." Daryl replied. "As the crow flies."

"Too bad we're not crows." Andrea muttered under her breath as she slowly distanced herself from the group.

After not even a minute of walking, they heard Andrea's screams; then they started to run to the sound. Mal, being the fastest, was ahead of everyone else. She let Sophia run away and possibly die because she was afraid, and she wasn't going to let Andrea die for the same reason. Instead of just finding Andrea, they also found a woman on a horse.

"Lori? Lori Grimes?" The woman questioned Andrea.

"I'm Lori." Lori corrected as the group came to a stop.

"Rick sent me," She began quickly, "you've got to come now."

"What?"

"There's been an accident. Carl's been shot."

Shot? Mal questioned herself. Two children put into life threatening situations in a matter of days.

"He's still alive but you've got to come now." The woman urged, "Rick needs you. Just come."

Lori started to take off her pack and march to the horse, causing Daryl to speak out, "woah woah woah. We don't know this girl." Lori didn't listen. "You can't get on that horse."

"Rick said you had others on the highway, that big traffic snarl?" She asked as Lori climbed up on the horse. "Back track to Fairburn road. Two miles down is our farm. You'll see the mailbox. The name is Greene." With that, she and Lori rode away on the horse to the farm.

Everyone was still trying to process everything that was happening until the walker the woman had hit sat up with a wheeze.

"Shut up." Daryl grumbled before shooting it in the head with an arrow.

"SHOT?" Dale repeated. "What do you mean shot?"

"A bullet hit him, Dale. I don't know. I wasn't there." Mal panted. "All I know is this lady rode out of nowhere like that Zorro character from that one movie on a horse and took Lori."

"You let her?" Dale asked, wide eyed.

"Climb out of my asshole, man." Daryl retorted. "Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Carl's."