Dance Class with Daisy

TRIXIE'S POV:

"You said you'd take me to dance!"

I watched Hendrix roll his eyes at Daisy before going over to the counter and grabbing his keys. She left the room as he walked over to me.

"I'll be back in 10, baby" he kissed my head three times, I gave him a smile, my mouth full of cake.

I waited for the front door to close and got up from my seat, placing the dishes in the sink. I'd wash them later, there's no rush. The kitchen was already a mess from Daisy's birthday party a few days ago.

She'd wanted a trip to Disneyland for her 8th birthday but they were in the middle of a pandemic. Her chances of going to a park during this were slim.

I laughed as I saw a picture of Hendrix and Daisy in my phone, her smearing cake all over his face. Classic. Their bond was something I'd always treasured. I was lucky enough to have it with Levi.

I placed my phone on the counter and began washing the dishes. But I was only two plates in when the doorbell went off. Turning off the tap, I grabbed a pocketknife, placing it beneath my bra strap before walking into the dark hallway. I hadn't been expecting anyone at this time of night.

"Oh my god, can you just hold the flowers? My lipstick is smudged!"

I sighed and placed the knife on the cabinet, smiling as I heard my parents already bickering. I pulled the door open to see them standing in the December cold, in black coats with black gloves.

"You guys!" I said brightly, reaching out and wrapping both arms around each of their necks.

"Hi baby" said Mom wrapping an arm around me and giving me a kiss on my cheek. Dad kissed my head as I let them into the house.

"We thought we'd surprise you" he said, hanging his coat up as he looked around "where's Hendrix and Daisy?"

"He's just dropping her off at dance practice, are you guys hungry? We have birthday cake" I said. I walked into the kitchen behind them. Dad took a seat on the couch and Mom took a seat at the table.

"We're good, we just went out to dinner" said Mom.

"Speak for yourself" said Dad, opening the mini fridge next to the couch and getting a beer. Mom rolled her eyes and handed me a bunch of white and purple orchids.

"These are for you and Hendrix, honey" she said "for your new house, I think they'll look great here"

"Thanks Mamma" I gushed, giving her a kiss on the cheek as she went to sit next to Dad. I placed them in a vase before quickly rounding up the rest of the mess in the kitchen. If I knew they were coming I would've cleaned it a lot earlier.

"So, how are you guys? How's Daisy?"

"Everyone's good, Mom. Daisy starts school again tomorrow and Hendrix and I are still mafia leaders"

"That's my girl!" exclaimed Dad, raising his beer. I shook my head, laughing at him. Mom looked anxious as I cleaned the last parts up, using a towel to wipe my hands before going to sit with them.

"Is this really what you want, Trix?" she asked, edging a little closer to me. I furrowed my brows at her question.

"What? Of course if is, you guys worked so hard for this mafia, why wouldn't we want it? It's a legacy"

"I know but" she paused, glancing at Dad who was too engrossed in the football "don't you want a normal life at some point?"

I pressed my lips together, hearing the front door open. This wasn't the conversation I'd intended to have tonight. Nor was I planning on overthinking.

"Hey family!"

I looked down as Mom and Dad stood up to greet my boyfriend, I tried to collect my racing thoughts.

"Hey babe" Hendrix tapped my shoulder as he sat down, I smiled at him, an uneasy one at that. Dad handed him a beer and Mom placed her hand on my knee. But the mood was already ruined for me.

-

"Visit soon!" I said, hugging my Dad tightly before letting him follow Mom out the house. I closed the door and went into the kitchen where Hendrix was.

"That was fun" he said, handing me a beer. I nodded my head, laying next to him on the couch.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me on top of his chest. I nuzzled my head in his neck, he always smelled so good.

"I'm just tired" I lied, kissing his jawline several times. He laughed, pulling my hair out of my face.

"Too tired for sex?"

"Never too tired for sex" I answered, rolling over onto my back and letting him hover above me. He placed his hands at either side of my head, leaning in and softly kissing my lips. I kissed him back immediately, wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him closer. I was never close enough.

"Hendrix!" I pulled away, pushing him away from me and grabbing my phone to see it was past 9pm.

"Daisy finished 20 minutes ago!" I said, facepalming as he ran off the couch and grabbed his keys. He ran over to me, grabbing my hand.

"No I'm-"

"Tired, we know" he said, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder as we got out the house. I laughed hysterically as he opened the passenger door, placing me in the seat without shoes or a jacket. In the rain. This boy would never change.

-

"I blame you" I said as we pulled into the parking lot. Hendrix scoffed, looking over at me.

"I blame your lips"

"Fair enough" I said, taking my seatbelt off and grabbing a pair of sneakers from the back seat. He was precisely the reason I kept spares in his car.

I placed my hand in his as we walked into the reception. The lady at the front desk looked at us over her glasses in confusion.

"Hey, we're here to pick up Daisy Rosario" said Hendrix "I got a little tied up and lost track of time"

He squeezed my hand on purpose and I laughed through my nose at his poor attempt at lying. The lady looked at her computer, furrowing her brows.

"Daisy Rosario left at 9pm with everyone else"