Chapter 20: New Light

Y/N tilted his head when looking at an orange cat that had wondered on their yard. 

He thought Chelsea was the only cat in the world, so he was beyond confused at the new arrival. 

"Another kitty?" Eri questioned as she peaked over Y/N's shoulder. She was wearing a detective hat, since she and Y/N were playing mystery prior to the cat approaching them. 

But Aizawa didn't have another detective hat, so Y/N was wearing a sombrero instead. 

"Salmon" Y/N answered, reaching out towards the new cat. The orange cat hissed and swiped its claws at Y/N, making three long scratches appear on his opened hand. 

Y/N pulled back his hand with a yelp, looking at the bleeding scratches. 

And just like an Avengers movie, Chelsea
came running out of the house and squared up to the orange cat, making the intruder back off a bit. 

Aizawa came out of the house and kneeled down beside Y/N. The boy held up his hand for the hero to see, the older sighed and pulled out a box of bandaids he always kept with him. Y/N injured himself on the daily.
After putting the bandaid on Y/N, a flowery aura surrounded the boy while Chelsea
chased off the cat that injured her kid. 

Aizawa watched as Eri was fretting over Y/N. He kept picturing the kids from the lab videos doing the same thing. He figured that was the reason why Y/N seemed so attached to Eri and Kota. 

They reminded him of what he lost back in that lab. 

"Hey I was thinking. You two have settled for a while now. I think it's time we started talking about schools" Aizawa said as he and the two kids sat on the grass. 

"Yeah!" Eri cheered. 

"Okaka" Y/N denied. 

Aizawa merely chuckled as Y/N threw himself on his lap, laying on the hero dramatically. 

"It'll be okay" Aizawa sighed, Y/N held out his pinkie to see if his hero meant what he said. Shota locked his pinkie with Y/N's immediately. 

The day soon turned to night, Y/N was laying on the kitchen counter while Eri was pretending to be a firefighter and get him down. Y/N was closing his eyes occasionally, trying to fight off the drowsiness threatening to take over. 

"Time for bed kiddos" Aizawa said, grabbing Y/N from the counter and holding him like a sack of potatoes, Y/N hung limply as he allowed it to happen. Eri giggled as she watched her companion. 

Aizawa tucked Y/N in first, then held Eri to take her to her own room. Y/N watched as his door closed, not before Chelsea scurried her way into his bedroom and atop his bed. Y/N pet his cat, holding onto panda with his other hand and watched the door. 

He never liked being alone, he spent majority of his life in a single room without the other kids to play with. What if he woke up to Eri, Aizawa, and Chelsea gone? Where would he go then? Back to the lab? He hasn't even seen Clifford yet, was he even real? 

Y/N winced as he put his hand over his heart. It felt like it got heavier all of a sudden, and Y/N found it hard to breathe. Chelsea sat up and curled up in front of her kid. Y/N took deep breaths as he kept his hand on Chelsea to help him calm himself down. 

It was getting harder and harder to fall asleep at night. 

~🍙~

Aizawa walked through the mall with Y/N. Eri wanted to spend time with Mirio and Midoriya. Y/N didn't want to go, since he thought they were boring. 

(Y/N such a little  precious jerk 😂)

So Aizawa decided to take the boy to the mall. The first stop was the candy store, since Y/N had to restock his supply. The cashier gave the boy his candy with no charge, afraid Y/N would destroy his shop again. 

Aizawa held Y/N's hand as they walked, Y/N slightly limping while he swung his candy back and forth.

"Aww, he's so adorable!" 

"Your son is so cute!" 

Aizawa was getting too embarrassed at the comments towards Y/N, especially the father and son comments. But he wouldn't deny them, not anymore at least. The longer he spent with the boy, the more he got attached. He couldn't possibly picture life without the boy anymore. 

Aizawa had noticed how much his life had started to get better when Y/N was there. He was always used to an empty house, no one to go home to. 

But when Y/N broke into his house and stole his cat and pants.

Aizawa realized that Y/N, was his new light. 

But as quickly as the sun rises and sets...

That new light can be taken away.