Wishful for a Good Fight or Death

~~Evelyn Dayne~

I walk into Bran's room, seeing Old Nan telling him some story. He always preferred hearing her stories of magic and monsters, White Walkers and the Children of the Forest and what not.

"What are you telling to him this time?"

I ask with a smile.

"Only what the little Lord wants to hear."

"Could you leave for a moment? I'd like a moment alone with him."

I ask her politely and she nods, making her way out of Bran's room. I sit down on his bed beside him.

"Old Nan's stories were always some of the best. She told me stories of mine and your family's historys. She once told me that the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named Macumber."

"Maybe we do."

"How do you feel, Bran?"

I ask.

"You still don't remember anything that happened before your fall? I've seen you climb like you were born to it. In the wind, rain, and ice you still climbed. You could give the Wildlings past the Wall a run for there money. You never fall."

I say, reminiscing ever so slightly.

"I did though. It's true isn't it..?"

He asks sadly, looking down at his legs.

"What Maester Luwin a says about my legs? I'd rather be dead."

I shake my head, taking his hands into mine.

"Hush now, Bran. Please don't ever say that again."

"I'd rather be dead."

~~Jaime Lannister~~

He's been craving a fight for some time. Like he said to the Lord of Winterfell before, he's been getting swung at for years but they always seem to miss. He wants to fight a hard fight. Surely the last Dayne could provide a rel challenge.

Jaime still remembers watching Ser Arthur Dayne fight the Smiling Knight at their secret hideout. Gods, he was a good duelist. The best. Now, he thinks himself the best since that Dayne is long dead.

Soon, he feels, he will get the chance to fight again. News came back from the North. That little boy is awake, making the fierce anger of his twin awake with it.

"How could you be so stupid?"

Cersei asks angrily.

"Oh, calm down."

"He's a child... Ten years old. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking of us. You're a bit late to start complaining about it now. What as the boy told them?"

He asks her.

"Nothing. He's said nothing. He remembers nothing."

"Then what are you raving about?"

"What if it comes back to him?"

Cersei asks worriedly and angrily.

"If he tells his father what he saw..."

"We'll say he was lying. We'll say he was dreaming. We'll say whatever we like. I think w can outfox a ten-year-old."

"And my husband?"

Jaime grins at his lover.

"I'll go to war with him if I have to."

He chuckles smugly.

"They can write ballad about us: "The War for Cersei's Cunt.""

Cersei immediately smacks her brother, who only grins wider and spins her around, hugging her behind and pressing right up against her.

"Let me go."

"Never."

"Let me go."

"The boy won't talk. And if he does, I'll kill him. Him, Ned Stark, the King...the whole bloody lot of them until you and I are the only people left in this world."

Jaime lays with Cersei that night. But his mind still is on war. He craves it. He lusts after it almost more than his sister. He wants a good fight. He wants an excuse to arise to give the Lion reason to kill the wolves.

And if it doesn't come, that he'll make one up himself.

~~~~~
A/N

I know this one's short but I really liked this chapter. Hope y'all enjoy.

Thank you for reading!