chapter four: entry to hell.

Seems fit to post another chapter the same day as last, since the other was mostly in a car, although this one won't be that long...maybe, i get carried away a lot.

Edit: i got carried away.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"OH SHIT, OH FUCK!"
I curse out, gripping Iris' car crib with both hands as i feel the car begin to flip, i get a glimpse of what we're falling to...it looks like water, a river sort of...better than normal solid ground, but that depends on how deep it is.

The car splashes into the water, sinking down relatively quickly...its deep enough to save us from a pancake death, but that's both a good and bad thing.

"Iris...we're fucked.."
I mumble, staring at the crack from the creatures fit on the car as it begins to heavily spew the river water in, spraying on my shirt.

I quickly unstrap Iris, holding him tightly. I try to open the side door, but it doesn't budge...fuck, i locked the doors when we got in here.

"WE'RE FUCKED."
i repeat, although louder than last time...i can unlock the doors from the drivers seat, i just have to climb up there, easy!

I sit up on the seat, ignoring the amount of water flooding in and instead focusing on my goal with the drivers seat, i pick up the baby backpack as well, wrapping it over my shoulder. Iris slowly stops crying, he may be really tired from all this...a nap for him is best, especially since he gonna fucking hate being in the water.

The car continues to sink as i stretch my leg to the front of the car, trying my best to pull myself up there with a drowsy infant in one hand. My free hand grabs the drivers seat and my leg perches on the middle area of the front.

"...here we go."
I mumble, making sure i have Iris held tightly in my grip, he doesn't seem to mind, in fact, i think he fell asleep...all the screaming wore him out.

once i pull myself up, i waste no time in practically punching the unlock button on the drivers door, the satisfying and most likely life saving click makes me smile. I pull on the door, but it doesn't budge...fuck, the pressure of the water is holding it in place!

"No no...come on!"
I whine, pushing on it as hard as i can with my free hand. The water begins to flood onto the front seat, already filling half the car...this is raising quickly.

I start to kick it to overpower whatever pressure may be holding it in place, after a few kicks, water starts to spew from the sides of the door...its opening!

"Yes!!"
I cheer, continuing to kick it off.

In a matter of seconds, the water from outside the car floods in and pulls me and Iris out into the deep river. I steady myself after the surprisingly quick push out, once i realize Wheres up, I quickly look to the light from the surface and kick my legs to push myself up.

I finally make it to the surface, gasping for air, coughing up whatever i may have swallowed down there and continuing to kick my legs to keep myself from going down the river. Iris screams and cries, probably terrified of the sudden wake up call.

"Shhh...its alright, its over now!"
I say, cradling the small crying baby, he doesn't stop and starts to wiggle around in my grasp...maybe he's cold, we were just underwater, and going from cold water to cold air is definitely not good for a small baby.

I gaze around at my surroundings...we fell off a pretty high cliff, i didn't hear Markus say anything about being up that high, and i don't remember him driving up a mountain, you'd think Amanda would have told us, even if Markus was working she could have called him and...wait...

"Fuck...my phone!"
I mumble, i left it in the car...now how can i contact Markus or Amanda? Fuck, this is really becoming a true hell on earth..

I keep looking around to find some sort of good side to this, a safe haven to safe me and the small child i promised to keep safe...and i see something. A windmill down the River stream, large and...and moving, its still moving..so somebody is there.

"...perfect."
I say, stopping my flailed kicks and letting the stream take me exactly where i need to go.

The cold wind hits me as i float down the river, although i barely feel it as the adrenaline from this entire thing is still rushing through my veins...i escaped death, and probably left my friends to the fate Iris and I almost got subjected to.

...did i kill my friends? Could i have waited just a few minutes, if i did, would they have come out from the woods? Or...were they already dead? I hate to think so, but...those things were everywhere, and that one seemed excited to rip me and Iris apart, so maybe...i couldn't have done anything.

The River takes me to a small shore area, a part where its shallow enough to stand, but deep enough to still be swept away, so i pull myself far enough to get onto dry, cold dirt, the lack of muscle use and the finally fading adrenaline makes my knees buckle, and i fall on the ground...nice, safe ground. Iris is still in my arms as i sit on my knees...he seems to be calming down again.

"Hey, chub...feeling okay now? We're out of the water, so...that's good."
I mumble to the infant, he doesn't respond, as usual.

...at least i got you out of the car, the water was rising so quickly...i was afraid we would drown, and when the suction of opening the door flung us out, i thought we'd sink down with the car.

"You still feel pretty cold...lets get you somewhere warmer."
I say, struggling to lift my shakey, worn out legs to stand up, i eventually do, although it feels hard and my legs continue the attempt to buckle down again.

...we actually survived, can you believe that, Iris? I can't...but im so glad we did.