7| Dirty

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Dirty

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 7: Dirty (London's POV)

I put my hair up in a high ponytail, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I brushed my hair one more time and then put on some lip gloss, blush, and mascara. I couldn't be bothered to put on anything more. 

The whole time I got ready, I kept thinking: 

Why, dad? Why? You never want to leave the house and the one time you do it's only to go to their house for dinner? 

But then I thought I shouldn't complain. Dad already has a tough time with things and if once in a long time he has something to look forward to, I shouldn't taint it. 

So, I got it together, pulled on a smile with a pretty red dress, and got ready. I glanced down at the dress, adjusting the straps, freezing in place when I realized where I had worn this last time. 

God, how come I didn't realize? I stared at the dress in the mirror, letting out a soft, humorless, and bitter chuckle. "How ironic," I mumbled to myself. 

It was the first summer night. This fall, we'd be senior year students and then graduate. And then... we'd have the rest of our lives to spend together. 

I walked up to the porch, ringing the doorbell, waiting for Ronan to answer. Our parents were out for dinner today and we were using it as an excuse to go on a date ourselves. In their house. I looked down at the red dress he bought for me earlier this week. An early summer present, apparently. 

He answered the door, leaning against it and grinning while his eyes went up and down my body. "Hi, gorgeous," he smirked. 

I stared at his clothes. "You're in sweatpants and a t-shirt," I frowned, "why?" 

He grabbed my waist and kissed me right away while pulling me inside, closing the door and pushing me against it, deepening the kiss. He pulled away after a while and left me smiling. 

I traced his jaw and asked, "Why aren't you ready?" 

"Because we're not having a grand dinner. Just movies." 

"Then why did you ask me to dress up?" I laughed. 

"Because I wanted to see you in the dress. And I love it when you dress up for me," he winked, taking me up to his room. 

When I got up there, he had the whole room set up. With the fairy lights I like, bowls of popcorn and gummy bears and all my other favorite candies, and my favorite movie ready to be played on TV. I stared at him while he walked to the bed, patting the spot beside him. "Ronan..." 

He grabbed my hands and pulled me over. "I know you lead with the heart, but I set this up because, with school and family trips, we haven't had time to go on a date recently. I don't want you to start crying. So lay down with me and watch the movie and eat all your favorite snacks." He pecked my lips quickly before I lay down with him, both of us on our stomachs.