009 | we're just curious

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter nine

third person;

"alright who's this girl?" the group bombarded zach with questions the second their teacher had left the room. "let us know about your CrUsH."

"why's it so important?" he furrowed.

"we're just curious.."

"well there's nothing going on between me and her so," he shrugged. "i don't know what i'm supposed to tell you."

"who's her friends?" jonah asked. "i've literally never heard of this girl before."

"i don't know her friends names, i already said this-"

"what's her instagram," jack cut him off as he unlocked his phone, ready to search. "as if you haven't looked her up at least once.. what's her surname?"

"i don't stalk her," zach glared at the boy. "and i don't know her surname because once again, i don't stalk her."

"she's in our class why don't you know her name?"

"our class.. so why don't you corbyn?"

"well.." he said as he grabbed his guitar. "to be fair, i didn't even know she was in our class."

"i didn't either till like two weeks ago," he said was a small laugh.

"honestly.. she doesn't seem like the type of girl you'd go for. she's just-" corbyn explained. "i don't know."

"just what?" he flicked his head toward his friend. "what do you mean "not my type"? i've had one girlfriend."

"yeah well she was blonde, most of the girls you flirt with are blonde. and sienna.. is not."

"zach, what's she like?" daniel questioned. "or do you have no clue? you just like her because you think she's pretty."

"well yeah she's pretty, she's..." zach sat there with a small smile on his face, thinking about her and what else he could say while still making it seem like she is just in his class.

"so you just like her for her looks," jonah slowly nodded as zach zoned back into the room. "makes sense. no wonder why she's not interested in you"

"no wonder why she's not interested in you," he mocked, mumbling under his breath trying not to let them hear.

"dude, i don't want to hear you complaining until you stop flirting with multiple girls a day," daniel strummed a few cords on his guitar as he looked at him. "obviously the way you act in school isn't going to get her to like you."

he let out a huff as he picked up his phone, replying to sienna's texts as his friends started talking about the music work they were suppose to be doing.

their music teacher, mr. wheeler, came into the room not long after making the group quiet down and zach turn his phone off the second they noticed him and all their attention turned to him.

"okay boys, what's going on here?" he looked at the five. "a whole lot of another by the looks of it."

"we're talking about zachs girlfriend," jack patted the shoulder of the boy beside him.

their teacher shook his head, "and i thought i could trust you five to work together, and on top of that.. in here, away from the rest of the class."

"sir, we're just getting start on the work," jonah reassured him. "we just got a little distracted."

"if you say so.. when i come back in fifteen minutes, i excepted to hear something," mr. wheeler explained as the boys agreed with him before he had left the room again.

"so what song should we do?" daniel asked.

"bruno mars, just the way the are," zach almost instantly responded, his friends all looking at him slightly confused. "you know.. when i see your face, there's not a thing i would change. cause you're amazing, just the way you are. you know.."

"wait yeah," jack exclaimed. "win sierra over, that's a good idea."

"her name's sienna," zach corrected him.

"oh"

"also it's not "winning her over" it's the class work.." he furrowed as the other boys bickered a little.

"yeah but like girls LOVE guys that sing," corbyn added. "so i agree with jack."

"you boys," daniel sighed as he shook his head. "just let the girl be.. zach there are so many girls into you and you want to one who isn't."

"cliché," jonah let out a small laugh. "anyway back to the song. you know we gotta perform this in front of the school.. is a bruno mars love song really the best decision?"

"yeah who cares," zach shrugged. "not everyone has to like us."

"oh but sienna has to."

"fuck off," he jokingly responded. "she never said she didn't like me."

"yeah well did she ever say she did?" corbyn raised a brow as zach awkwardly looked at them not knowing what to say because she's said more than just 'like' before.

"we keep getting off topic!" daniel said.

zach crossed his arms and slouching back on the chair as the teacher walked into the room. "i still think just the way you are is a good choice," he slightly mumbled.

"oh only took you fifteen minutes to decide on a song," mr wheeler clapped his hands. sarcastically adding; "great job boys."

"i don't know who this girl is but talk about her in your own time," he continued. "you boys have two lessons to work on this before showing me and we're half way through the first lesson."

"sorry," they mumbled.

"i'm going to go now and i'll be back at the end of the lesson and if you still haven't started.. you boys aren't working together anymore. i'll split you up into the other groups."

AUTHORS NOTE

mr. wheeler says no wdw