PROLOGUE~ Velencia

Not Edited- hello readers, if you're here I'd love to say thank u so much for choosing my book! Have a good read.

Make sure to comment and please press down on that little star in the corner for dropping a vote! I'll post Alessio's prologue when this has about or almost 900 comments and 400 votes!

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
mentions of drugs, slight mention of r*pe, putting herself down, abusive parent.

ish <3

Velencia Kade

Velencia Kade

She did this. She made me this...Monster.

I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes running over the scars on my body covered by the small tattoos littered along my skin.

All this is her fault, I've killed so many people for her the mafia world knows me. They gave me a name, they all shout it when they know I'm near. They shout it in pure fucking terror 'She's coming, the mistress of souls is close'.

But they never do get the chance to run...

Although that's all fine, the fear that radiates off people when they see me, the horror and panic written across their faces, trembling hands and stuttering words. I like that part, it amazes me how people can be so fucking afraid at times.

But the price I had to pay for my name was worse than any possible, my own mother. The woman who raised and gave me birth, thought I wasn't worthy of all the fear, the name, or the throne. So she put me through a series of tests.

There were levels, I've passed them all so far.

Level one, get through the dark room without dying. Did I mention I'm scared of the darkness? It's just so endless, it could swallow you if wanted, never ending fear and possibilities of what might be hiding under there. There were men stationed at each corner of the room ordered to shoot at sight of me. I killed them all, I had to, it was the only way to live, keep my name.

Level two, this one was called perfection. She made me torture people until I got the answer out of each of them in 3 minutes. Every time I failed there was a new gunshot wound to add to my collection. I had failed 3 times before I got an answer out of someone in 3 damn minutes. My eyes fall to the first failure's consequence, on my forearm there's a scar. Luckily the bullet didn't pierce my skin, it skimmed but deep enough for a scar and the need of stitches. The second failure caused the scar on my thigh that is covered by the snake tattoo wrapping around my upper thigh, this one is not that bad. Over the years it healed and now it's only a small little scratch, the last one was painful, the scar dragging across my hip bone. She used a knife for this one. But all of these covered with a tattoo over top, I hate looking at my scars. Yes the tattooing hurt more but I couldn't care less.

My scars are the signs of my failure and weakness.

Level three, she said it was a practice. To take over the throne a leader needs to know things, know how to get into places. How to steal and hack. All of it and too much more, so I was ordered to steal 100 million from the Italians. I did without knowing what she was doing with the money. I could care less what she did with it, I just needed my family to be safe, so I hacked into their servers and stole all the money. She still hurt me cause she said I took too long and could have gotten caught, therefore the scar fading away on my eyebrow, right below my left eyebrow sits a small scar. It was a dagger she used. But the Italians had been our enemies from years before, they didn't like this act of mine so they sent thousands of men to kill me. I couldn't sleep for months without having a man break into my apartment. That was 5 years ago, I was only 20.

Level four, survival. I hated this one, I almost died. She said I had to learn how to make sure I don't die from small things and the things that would give me a 'pussy death', all that matters is our family name, 'The perfect Kade family'. She took pills and stuffed them down my throat, overdosed me and then told my dad and sister that I had gone out of control. She then called me crazy and almost sent me to an asylum, my dad and sister stopped her.

Sadly I survived for the next level, it had me wishing I died a coward's death.

Level five, she called this sick level secret. It was terrifying. My mother was cheating on my dad, has been for years. She forced me to walk in on it all, it was horrifying seeing that. But what was worse was when I was hit on the back of my head, I fell to my knees and her boyfriend came to me as she started getting dressed. She winked at him, and I remember every single detail of this level like it was a picture embedded into my head. She said the exact words of "If you want to live, you will close your eyes and keep the secret," next thing I know something was injected into my neck and it all went numb. I was awake but I couldn't move anything, she walked out then her boyfriend picked me up. It all went downhill from there, I still have the scar from trying to resist. He brought out a knife, it wasn't good to say the least. It was an unexpected 21st birthday gift.

She had given me a break of 5 years. She said I was too injured and it was my own fault. It was in some twisted way I guess, and sadly I believe her. She says she knows best for me, that she is the only person that understands me.

She's not. My sister and dad understand me, not her.

It can't be worse than what has already happened, I keep telling myself.

Dad and my sister Amara begged for my mother to stop this 'madness', but she didn't. She brought me to the side and said the exact words that haunt me till this day and won't stop until she's still breathing, she said; "I will kill your sweet little nephew and sister, I'll kill them all if you don't listen to me, and don't even think about killing me because I have so many back up plans that the second I stop breathing or anything happens to me, everyone you love is dead". She hates us all, she only married my dad for money and a name. She's cheated on him so many times it makes me want to throw up.

He doesn't deserve this.

But when I get my name, my throne. I will give her the most painful and cruel death anyone has ever seen-even heard of. I will make sure she suffers worse then what she made me go through, give her even more dreadful nightmares then the ones that terrorize me every time I close my eyes, I'll kill all the men on her side because I'll finally have the power to do so before her last breaths are spent begging at my feet for mercy.

A pity I don't do mercy.

I look into the mirror seeing my brown eyes, I got her eyes too. My sister got dad's ice blue eyes, but I was cursed with hers. I look down on myself, I hate her more than I hate myself.

But I've come this far, there is no way I am backing down from this now. All the pain, suffering, the nightmares were not caused just for me to be a coward and give up. I will pass the last level and give her the most pathetic and dreadful death she has seen or heard of in her worthless life.

Because I am Velencia Kade. The killer people fear, the killer that makes people hide and run, The Mistress of Souls, and I will do anything and everything in my power to end Alessio Morana for my throne.

 The killer people fear, the killer that makes people hide and run, The Mistress of Souls, and I will do anything and everything in my power to end Alessio Morana for my throne