02.18

[act two; chapter eighteen     -     goodbye for now]

"I've got everything, Annie, I promise." Andromeda reassured her best friend as she threw her duffle bag over her shoulder. "I've got everything I need, everything from your list and Grover's."

The daughter of Athena sighed and nodded, "Okay. Okay, you're right."

"I know I am."

"D."

"Sorry."

The two girls burst into laughter, hugging each other tightly, not wanting to let go.

Andromeda forced herself to pull away, pressing a kiss to Annabeth's nose with a smile. "I'll see you soon, Annie. I've gotta say bye to Percy quickly, then you'll count down the days and I'll be back like I was never gone."

"You're right, again. Alright, well, I'll be here when you get back. We can, I don't know, do something."

Andromeda laughed and hugged Annabeth again quickly and walked out of her cabin, knowing if she stayed any longer she wouldn't be able to leave.

But the moment she walked out, she was pulled into another hug.

Percy Jackson was starting to get attachment issues, that much was obvious.

"Perc, I can't breathe."

He pulled away quickly, "Sorry. Lea, do you have everything? Tyson's bracelets, your ring, clothes-"

"Gods, you're worse than Annabeth and Grover combined." The amethyst eyed girl laughed. "I'll be fine, Percy. I've got everything." She held up her wrists, flashing her bronze bracelets on her arms that were a late birthday present from Tyson. All she had to do was click them together and they would turn into two smaller shields with a rounded blade like tip at the top. "I'll only be gone a few weeks, at most. I just have some things I have to do, things to figure out. I'll be back in no time."

"No time for you, it'll be an eternity for me!" He cried sarcastically, throwing his arms in the air. 

"You are possibly the most sarcastic person I've ever met."

"Why thank you."

"I'll be fine, so no need to keep asking. And so will you, Percy. You've got Annabeth and Grover and Chiron to keep you company. And Clarisse and Thalia can pester you some more while I'm away."

He groaned, "Fine." He looked back at her, suddenly becoming serious. "Do you know where you'll be this school year?"

Andromeda shrugged, "Yeah, actually. Spending some time in Cape Cod after I retrieve a package. You know, valuable and fragile cargo."

Percy nodded in understanding, knowing what—more like who she was referring to. He smiled as he pulled her into a hug once more. Their arms wrapped tightly around each other, cradling each other's bodies to the other.

They pulled away, Andromeda pressing a kiss to Percy's cheek, laughing when his cheeks tinted red.

"Bye Fish Face. Don't go saving the world without me, yeah?"

He nodded, "Alright, Glowstick."

"Glowstick?"

"Yeah, you're—uh, you're hands were all glowy and weird." He shrugged with a small, crooked smile. "Glowstick."

—🌊—

Adonis Storm loved his sister. He loved his sister more than anyone in the world—she was his other half. So when they were separated months before their fourth birthday, he knew things would never be the same again—even at such a young age.

He was not the person most people thought he was. He was not a quiet, shy, piano loving guy that his grandmother made him out to be. On the contrary, he was the opposite. He was a loud, boisterous person who loved Marvel comics and movies and enjoyed cooking and staring at the stars. He loved playing the guitar or the ukulele.

Though he had many things in common with his sister, he was possibly the farthest from her in similarities than anyone alive.

Whereas Andromeda fought, Adonis negotiated.

She liked green, he liked yellow.

She had their mothers red hair, he had his fathers black hair.

She was brave and strong, he was—well, he wasn't quite sure what he was.

But one thing is for certain—Adonis Storm hated confrontation. Hated it with a passion.

So when the sound of the doorbell rang throughout the house, he knew, like voices screaming in the back of his brain, that he was about to confront something—someone—in the next minute or so.

As he walked towards the front door, he drew in a labored breath as he felt an aura of power that he hadn't felt in three years. It was the power of someone who had no idea how powerful they were, someone who had seen far too much for their fourteen years of life.

Someone who loved him. Someone who thought he hated them.

Adonis worried they would never know how much he loved them.

So, he opened the door. He opened the door and deep wine met amethyst and the whole world stopped.

"Hey, Donnie. It's been a while."