A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Not too fast, Bran!"

I shout as Bran takes on his horse happily through the forest. That saddle from the Imp has made Bran so much more happier than he was a month ago. But so many new things have arisen. The fucking Kingslayer attacked Lord Stark in the street. There's going to be war. I've dreamt of it happening.

"When are we going to tell him, Robb?"

I ask him as he rides beside me.

"Not now."

"No. Now isn't the right time but it needs to happen soon. Lord Stark isn't my father but he's pretty damn close to it. They drew first blood."

"You're speaking of war."

"I'm talking about justice."

"Only the Lord of Winterfell can call in the bannermen and raise an army."

"Then do it."

I say.

"A Lannister Lion dug his spear into your father's leg and is scurrying to Casterly Rock where he can't be touched."

"You want me to march on Casterly Rock?"

Robb asks with a hint of anger in his tone and I raise my hands slightly.

"I'm asking you to do the duty of a son. Protect your father. The Lannisters started a war. You are the Lord of Winterfell currently. It is your duty to represent your House when your father can't!"

"And it's not your duty, because it's not your House."

"No.... It isn't my House. I no longer have one."

I say sadly and Robb's face immediately washes over in regret.

"Evelyn I-"

"Do you hear that?"

I ask. It's completely silent. No more laughter from Bran or the hoofbeat of his horse.

"Where's Bran?"

We hurriedly rush to where we tracks. We follow them for some time until we hear voices in the distance.

"Piss on Mance Rayder and piss on the North! We're going as far south as south goes. There ain't no White Walkers in Dorne."

Robb and I approach, seeing shaggy looking people surrounding Bran. There's only three of them. Wildlings.

"Drop the knife!"

Robb demands, making them turn to us. We draw our swords, I twirl both of mine in each hand, waiting for the fight.

"If you drop the knife and let him go, I might let you live."

I threaten and one of them chuckles.

"Ha! A pretty girl like you couldn't hurt nothin'."

The second man charges at me with a large axe and I dodge his strike, spinning around and jamming one of my swords all the way through his chest, killing him instantly. The blood leaks onto my hands and makes me want to vomit.