Chapter 5: Can I Give You a Kiss?

"Where's Eldest Brother? And why are you here?"

Shouting could be heard from the guest room, "How did you get in? I thought men weren't allowed in a lady's room without permission." Ciel Angetré, a young eight-year-old boy with crystal clear blue eyes and soft silver-blond hair, was currently being accused of trespassing into her room. Violetta, daughter of the Alphenhide family and the younger sister of Alexis. She was taking a nap before getting awoken by Ciel's shaking.

She intensely glared at Ciel, pointing her finger at his face, "Violet, why are you so mean to me? I just came to wake you up. Our parents are starting the party in the garden." He wrongfully lowered his head to avoid her piercing purple eyes; he had done nothing wrong. "Hmph, that's fine. But why did you come into my room?" Violetta lowered her hand, crossing her arms.

Ciel continued to hang his head low, only turning to face the door when he heard footsteps.

"... Wonder when we get to use our magic."

"Eldest Brother!"

Before Alexis had entered the room, Violetta violently threw herself into her brother's arms. "Eldest Brother, I missed you! Why weren't you here when I woke up?" She peered into his eyes like a sad puppy, continuing to cling to him. "I'm sorry Vio. I got into a little trouble before coming to see you." He shifted her body so he could carry her with ease, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Won't you forgive me?" Alexis never had any younger siblings in his previous life so when he saw how adorable Violetta was, he couldn't help but spoil her with love.

"Hmph, I'll forgive Eldest Brother if Eldest Brother walks with me to the garden."

"Aww, Vio. That's easy for me. Are you sure that's enough?" Violetta joyfully wrapped her arms around his neck in agreement with his words. "Mhmm! Eldest Brother is the best!"

Alexis laughed with joy, continuing to shower and spoiling her with love until she becomes rotten. He gently placed her down so she could stand before leading her out into the garden. Darcel and Lucius were still in the room with Ciel, who was also ignored by Alexis and Violetta. "Eldest Brother, are you annoyed at how Violet is taking Brother Alexis away?" Ciel simply stared at the two siblings leaving the room before turning to Lucius, "And Brother Darcel, aren't you annoyed too?"

"..."

"Yes, so what?"

Lucius stayed silent and let Darcel answer for him. Ciel turned away to look at the pair of siblings before sighing, "I know. I'm jealous too."

The three of them sourly followed the pair out into the garden. Apart from the table where the adults were sitting, there was a smaller table set out for them. Alexis was about to pull Violetta into his lap as usual, but Darcel prevented him from reaching out to her. Furthermore, Lucius quietly placed himself between them to separate them. Ciel picked up the subtle signs from his brother and Darcel, situating himself between Lucius and Violetta.

The current situation on the second table was Darcel, Alexis, Lucius, Ciel and Violetta. The adults looking on the side began to chuckle at how childish and adorable their children were. "Huh? Eldest Brother, why are you so far away?" Violetta finally realised the situation, her brother was on the opposite side of the table.

Alexis had also just realised the situation before giving a light chuckle, "Lu, Darc, Ciel, did you plan this?" Darcel, who was on his right, furiously shook his head while Lucius gave an unreadable smile. Ciel, who took a little longer to understand his words, replied, "Brother Alexis, I just really wanted to sit next to Violet. I am a little sad that she didn't play with me either."

"That's because I wanted Eldest Brother!"

"But Brother Alexis wasn't there so why did you leave me alone?"

"Because you're not Eldest Brother."

Ciel, who was originally a cheerful boy, suddenly hung his head low, like a puppy who was scolded by his master. "Vio, that wasn't very nice. And if you didn't want to play him, you should have told him no politely."

"But Eldest Brother-"

"Vio, just because Ciel is not me, that doesn't mean you can treat him that way."

"... I'm sorry Ciel. Please forgive me." She turned to face Ciel, who still had his head down. He slowly lifted his head, only to reveal his watery eyes that were full of tears before quickly looking down again. Violetta began to panic, not knowing how to comfort someone when they were sad, looking towards Alexis for help. "I can't help you Vio." Alexis threw his hands up as a sign of surrender, "But I can give you a little hint. What do I always do when you cry?"

Violetta paused for a moment before cupping her hand on Ciel's cheeks. However, Ciel still refused to lift his head. Violetta herself was on the verge of crying too but she continued to hold on. "Ci-Ciel, I'm really sorry. What can I do to make you feel better?" Ciel finally lifted his head, meeting her purple eyes with his. "Can I give you a kiss?"

"..."

There were stifled chuckles coming from the adults, amused at their children's little drama.