Chapter 34

Author's POV

After knowing that the bouquet was indeed from her boss, Seoyeon felt quite odd. She's questioning whether a kind angel came across Namjoon's mind and told him to be a kind citizen to his fellow human beings. Did he knock his head accidentally? Yet, Seoyeon doesn't want to think about that matter more than she should.

"Wow! Didn't know you have a suitor aside from Mr. Kim Taehyung a.k.a Adonis." Eunhye suddenly exclaimed, pulling Seoyeon from her thoughts as she gaze at her friend who is smiling sneakily at the pastries.

"Hey! That's mine!" Seoyeon scolded and tapped Eunhye's hand before it could even touch the box. "Hmp, pastry stealer." She added, Eunhye looked at her with disbelief.

"Woah, missy. Stop with the accusations." Eunhye stated as she moves her head and hand, acting sassy in front of Seoyeon.

"Tsk, go away." Seoyeon grunted but she knows Eunhye very well. She won't leave, unless she's not in the mood to dispute with Seoyeon.

"First, let me have some pastr—" As Eunhye was about to touch the box, Seoyeon moved it aside, making Eunhye pout. "Oh, come on! I just want one, please? Can I have one, Yonie?" She asked like a child, Seoyeon scoffed.

"No. N. O. No." She dictated, but before Eunhye could protest, she got a glimpse of the note attached to the box.

"Wait, it's from your boss?" She asked curiously, then later on eyed the bouquet beside it. "Are those from that monster—"

"Eunhye," Seoyeon warned.

"Fine." She sighed, "But is that from your boss? The pastry and the bouquet?" Eunhye asked again.

"Uhm, yeah. Surprising, isn't it?" Seoyeon tilted her head.

"Not really," Eunhye shrugged as she walk over the chair and sat on it.

"What do you mean?" Seoyeon asked as she sat back on her seat, attentively looking at Eunhye for her answer.

"Hmm, maybe a pastry is worth an explanation." Eunhye smirked, Seoyeon's expression fell down and became blank.

Seoyeon stood up and went to get two small plates and forks for them, then went back to give on to Eunhye. She really intended to share this pastry with her, she just wanted to make her beg for it. They do that sometimes. When Seoyeon opened the box, the sweet aromas of the pastries welcomed their scents.

"Ooh, they smell so delicious!" Eunhye cheered as she giggle and watch Seoyeon eye the pastries.

"Okay, so we have...." She paused for a moment, "Mini custard pie, mini apple pie, mini blueberry pie, and mini peach and mango pie. Then, we have three chocolate croissants and two red velvet croissants. Lastly, there's a small box of different colored macarons, too. Maybe they have different flavors." She shrugged before facing Eunhye, "Which would you like to taste first?" She asked.

"You choose. It's yours anyway." Eunhye smiled. "Oh, and don't bother to offer some macarons, I know those are your favorites. You should enjoy them with tea." She added, causing the sides of Seoyeon's lips to rise, forming a smile.

"Let's try this one first! The all-time favorite custard pie." She then took the pie and placed it on her plate first. "We'll eat the rest later." The box is now closed and Seoyeon sat on her seat.

She sliced the pie into half, but gave the bigger portion to Eunhye. Seoyeon knows how much Eunhye loves pies, so she thought of giving more to her. And even though Eunhye wanted to say something on why hers was bigger, Seoyeon already motioned her to eat. She still have the macarons and croissants anyway.