NO, NOT REALLY.

brandons pov

im outside of izzie's friend octavias house, waiting for her to come out. i gave her a twenty minute warning about my arrival and still she's not out.

i spend almost 5 minutes tapping through snapchat when I see marceline with rowan saxe. she's been spending so much time with her lately i don't even think she remembers we broke up.

hopefully, this "date" with izzie will remind her. i get that i didn't really spend enough time with her the last few weeks of school but breaking up with me was uncalled for. we had been dating since sophomore year for christ sake. albeit, on and off but still.

i lock my phone when i see izzie walking up to the car miserably. she's wearing loose black jeans and a black pullover, and her hair is down. she looks good.

seconds later, she hops into my jeep and puts on her seatbelt without saying a word.

"well hello to you too, girlfriend." i said, turning to face her.

"hello brandon." she said, a bit harshly.

i take it in stride and just start driving. she'll warm up to me soon.

"anyways," i start in hopes of breaking the silence, "i was thinking we go to my place and have a little photoshoot."

i glance over at her and she's pretending to care about what's in her phone. "hm."

"yeah and then after that we can get food." i finish.

that gets her attention. she put her phone in her pocket and looked at me expectantly. "or we can get food now."

she beamed up at me from her slumped position in her seat. there's that smile.

"what are you feeling?" i asked while we waited at the traffic lights.

she thought about it for a second, "i don't know."

i tapped my fingers on the wheel, "how about chickfila?"

she sat up, "well, im pescatarian. so no."

pesca what? i mentally slapped myself, "and that means.." i said reluctantly.

"i don't eat meat. only seafood." she said laughing.

the light turned green and i made a left toward the Main Street. it's the street that holds the small townshops and cafes and the strip of you name it we got it fast food chains.

"ohh.." i let out, that's kinda cool. "have you been that way forever or," i asked curiously.

she put one knee up to herself, "well, since i was 8. any meat that isn't fish makes me sick."

"isabella taylor is kind of allergic to meat?" I said fake gasping.

"oh, shut up." she playfully pushed my shoulder.

i pretending i was affected before turning into a lot, "port city java, it is."

izzie looked out the window curiously, "what's that?" she squinted towards the drive thru menu while we waited in the line.

i gasped, for real this time, "you've NEVER had port city java?" it's literally one of the only places on this strip with vegetarian options, you'd think a girl who's been basically vegetarian since 8 would know.

she shook her head no. to any other person it would've looked like she was confident but i think im starting to crack izzie. she was clearly embarrassed that she didn't know.

i inched up when the car in front of us moved and turned to face her, "it has breakfast options, like breakfast burritos, none of which contain meat. it also has smoothies and stuff."

i think my explanation eased her concerns a bit. i pulled up to the speaker. izzie looked from me to the menu, "oh cmon brandon, i like to look at menus before going to places so i have my order ready."

this girl, so many requests. i looked at her before rolling down the window, "ill order for you."

as usual, she took what i said the wrong way and rolled her eyes, "this is not the 18th century. i can order for myself, thank you very much." unbuckling her seatbelt, she leaned forward making her nearly inches away from me.. she smells good. i don't know exact smell, it's flowery. lavender maybe? with something else, i don't know. its nice.

"what?" i guess i was thinking for too long because izzie was looking at me funny. i hope she didn't notice, not that there's anything to notice. i was just curious on her scent nothing else.

"ugh," i cleared my throat and leaned towards the window, "do you trust me?"

i guess she wanted to be funny because she repeated what i said to her the first night we practiced, "no, not really." she then relaxed in her seat.

chuckling i recited what i usually get for myself and doubled it. she'll like it.

**

a.n. heyy how are you liking the story so far. and do you have any questions? <3