Chapter 16

Chapter 16

                                Cassandra’s Point of View

                Max’s warm arms held me from the waist protectively, making my back press against his built chest. I closed my eyes, silencing myself to listen to the quiet breathing of Max’s deep slumber. I finally cupped my hands over his, slowly unbraiding his arms from my waist, as I rolled over to face him. His sandy blonde locks were messy over his forehead and his long lashes touched his cheeks just gently. I licked my lips, sighing with wonder. How did I manage to get myself into this mess?

                I must’ve woken Max up, because he slightly stirred in his sleep, as his eyes slowly began to flutter open. His blue orbs met mine, as a lazy smile spread across those rosy red lips of his. “Good morning, babe.” He yawned. “How long have you been awake?”

                I blushed at his words, as I shrugged. “Not too long, just a few minutes.”

                Max smirked, as he cupped my left cheek with his hand. He began to gently stroke my cheekbones, as my eyes closed softly. “Have you been watching me?” he whispered, making my eyes snap open.

                My cheeks turned bright red, as I slapped his bare chest playfully. “In your dreams, Max.”

                Max bit his lower lip from smiling, as he winked at me. “You know it.”

                I rolled my eyes, as I began to kick the bed sheets off of my body. I sat up, running my hands through my tangled blonde hair, wondering how big of a mess I looked right now. I stood up to go find myself a mirror in Max’s room, but he latched a hand around my wrist, stopping me. “Babe, where are you going?” he whined, his blue eyes going wide.

                “To find myself a mirror.” I muttered, suddenly tugging down the edge of my shirt, which was borrowed from Max. “Do you not see how bad I look right now?”

                Max smiled, as his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me back into his bed. The warmth of his body immediately comforted me, as I sighed. “Don’t go.” He muttered into the nape of my neck. “You look beautiful.”

                I sighed, turning my head away from him. “You’re lying, Max.”

                Max pulled away from me, tilting my chin up with his fingers. He made me stare into his eyes, as he stared at me with all seriousness. “I’m not joking, Cass.” A soft smile graced upon his lips. “I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

                My cheeks flamed up, as I nibbled on my lower lip. “You really think that?”

                Max leaned into me, as my lips were suddenly pressed upon his. His lips gently massaged my lower lip, as my eyes slowly closed shut. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, as his hands played with the edge of my shirt. Max pulled away for a split second, just to say, “Babe, I know so.”

                And at that very moment, I suddenly wished that I’d never gotten together with Max, just to use him to sabotage his best friend; Riley.

                But, who would’ve known? What Katie wants is what Katie gets.

                                Riley’s Point of View