44

It was early in the morning and Feng Xue was still in deep sleep, dreaming about the breakthrough of his new invention when every alarm in his apartment was blaring loudly. He jumped out of his bed and took out a rifle under his bed before he heard the familiar voice of his twin sister.

"Chillax bro, it's me." She was sitting on the edge of his bed, with a black crow perched on her shoulder. "I need to wake you up quickly, so I triggered all the alarms." She smirked, looking at how her twin slowly became aware of what she's doing and looked pissed.

"What's so important it can't wait until morning?" Finally he sighed in resignation, knowing his sister's temper and put away the rifle then walked to the bathroom to wash his face. 

Feng Yue waited until he was back in the room before she continued speaking.

"So, Feng Xue, go and take a look at what's different with me." She was so excited she almost jumped out of her skin. Feng Xue raised his brow in question, but he did what she told him to do, and dropped his jaw in awe

"You… got rid of the explosives? And unsealed the power?" He became ecstatic and hugged his sister. "How? Did you go to the containment chamber by yourself?" 

"No, I'll tell you everything in a minute, but first, I want you to meet Tenten." She pointed at the crow that perched on the table and observed the parts of something that Feng Xue had been working on with interest. She lifted her head when Feng Yue called her name and flew up, transforming into her human self mid-air and landed with flourish in her extravagant red kimono.

"Greetings, Young Devourer. My name is Benzaiten, one of the Seven Lucky Gods, Goddess of Love and Prosperity and everything that flows." She bowed her head to Feng Xue, who was still speechless from Benzaiten's transformation until Feng Yue nudged him.

"Benzaiten, as in the Benzaiten, from the myth?" He finally spoke, while he observed the beautiful goddess.

"The one and only." She knew that she was being observed blatantly, and she felt kind of flattered. This young man was very handsome, and he looked more like Lan Wangji in terms of coolness and the Ice Prince's vibe. He was the polar opposite of Noah St.Claire, who exudes danger like he was an apex predator, which kinda scared her.

"Ookay… I won't even ask." He glanced at Feng Yue, who had a smug face. "Can you really remove the seals and explosives? If so, please do proceed, and I will be forever grateful to you, o Venerable one." Feng Xue bowed his head in respect. When he heard Benzaiten laugh out loud though, he looked up in confusion.

"Oh jeez, your brother is very cute, isn't he?" She pinched Feng Xue's cheek fondly and hugged him. "Unlike you, whom I, the Venerable One, had begged and pleaded to let me follow you, and still, so many terms and conditions." Benzaiten looked at Feng Yue with an irritated look in her gaze, while the latter shrugged nonchalantly.