16. the date.

Kaydon

Kaydon

Fuck my life.

Fuck school.

Fuck football.

Fuck Sierra Laurken.

"At least I'm not alone all the fucking time having no life!"

It was like a punch to the gut. The worst pain you could feel is surging up to your head. My hands were clenched while driving and my knuckles were turning white.

Fuck you, Sierra.

Go on the date with him, see how terrible he treats you like he does to other girls.

I shouldn't be pissed, I know. I shouldn't even be acting this way. It's just because of how bad Zach Thompson really is. He uses girls, he acts like he'll do this fantastic job of loving you, but then he snaps. Fucks you and then throws you away like you're a burden.

Harsh, I know I'm sorry.

"Are you this stressed out about it?" Blake sat down on the couch and I hear Ty shutting the front door of my house. I turn off the TV and smushed my face into the pillow.

I feel Ty's pat on my back. "It's alright, man."

It's not. My best friend is going out with my rival.

Ex-best friend.

Right, just friends.

I throw the pillow on the ground and groan. Why is this such a frustrating thing? She's my friend she can do whatever she wants.

"Do you still have feelings for her or something?" Blake asks quietly. I freeze in place. I never really thought about it like that. That argument yesterday was stupid. The way her eyes were staring into mine just ruined my thoughts completely.

No, I can't. I've been so distant and so cold there's no way that me, her most hated person, have feelings for her.

I shake my head, "I don't. I just don't want Thompson to hurt her."

Blake nods and Ty just stares at me in disbelief. He nudges me.

"Then what are you going to do?"

I never really thought what I was going to do to keep her safe. My only thought was to let her go and let her have fun. But Ty is right, what am I going to do?