Prologue

Trisha's P.O.V.

I sighed heavily, my whole body groaning with pain when I melted into the sofa. I almost cry out at the relief that shoots through my entire body. Who knew this was what heaven felt like? All I needed was a warm shower, some good night's sleep, and pray that the on-duty doctor don't call me for any emergency. I was supposed to be on call today but my surgery got canceled and I thought I'd surprise my fiancé, though it's no point since we've both drifted apart for the past couple of weeks and I have been blaming myself for not giving him enough time. I'm planning on discussing things with him today. Luckily, Gesu is at her friend's today for a sleepover so I will be able to talk to him a little more freely.

I hear the jingle of the key and twist my neck, plastering a smile as I face him only to be greeted with grunts and moans. Just as quickly as he opens the door, he shuts it pulling a beautiful girl and then shoving her against the door as he kisses her.

So this is what it was? And, now he's going to blame me for drifting away and how he needs a distraction, isn't he?

I take the empty glass that's sitting on my tea table and throw it on the ground, letting it break into pieces to grab their attention. They both spring apart and Ronak's eyes widen as they stare at me.

"T-Trisha?!"

"Surprise motherfucker,"

"You were supposed to be on call," he says as the girl sneaks out of the house.

"Oh my bad, I'm so sorry for ruining your fun,"

"Well, you were bound to find out anyway, so I guess it's good you found out now,"

"Wow! Is that it? Is that all you have to say to your fiancé?"

"What do you want me to say? Don't act as if you didn't know that once you started treating your work as everything, we wouldn't possibly fall out," he says as he moves closer.

"Oh my goodness and now you're blaming me? What a fucking douchebag! You know what you son of a bitch? You may not pay the expenses of your family but I do! And I have a lot of medical bills I have to pay every month so I'm sorry if I prioritize basic survival over giving time to a douchebag who was already fucking someone! You think--"

I don't even get to finish the sentence because he slaps me. My whole vision blacks out for a second and I taste the metallic taste of blood in my mouth as I hold my left cheek. He holds my chin tightly in his hold and forces me to look at him as he seethes out the words.

"Don't talk to me like that! You should be lucky that I even accepted your sorry ass! You and all that fucking PTSD baggage you carry--"

"You know what? I'm done talking but here,"

I pull away from him and take hold of the vase and slam it on his head because his face was irritating me and well, that is what he gets for cheating on me.

"You report this to the police and I'll show the world what Ronak Mehra actually is under that sweet guy façade and I'll end you! We're done, get out of my house right now!"

"T--"

"Get out before I'm tempted to throw another glass and this time seriously injures you, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SIGHT!" I scream.

He rushes out of the house with blood trailing down his face and as soon as I hear the door slam shut, I fall onto the sofa and gasp for breath. Fuck. My vision starts blurring as black dots overtake my vision. My chest starts constricting and I clasp a hand around my chest as I start gasping for air. My head starts pounding as the block in my mind starts growing, the weight on my chest starts growing and tears are running down my cheeks.