49

DIANE'S POV:

Thanksgiving break came faster than expected, and I was sitting in a train next to the pretty blue eyed girl that made me head over heels. I loved seeing her smile at me and look up from her book to make eye contact with me. I loved her.

There were so many fears and anxieties forming in my mind right now since I went to Doctor Porter, and I was planning on telling Lou about it, but even admitting it to myself made me feel bitter.

I had my reasons to keep quiet about the details of my appointment, and I wanted our holiday to be perfect, but I knew Lou would have wanted me to tell her.

I wasn't dying. Which was good.

But I wasn't exactly okay.

"I liked your poem for the assignment." I smiled at Lou.

The brunette looked up from her book again and closed it, "You did?"

I nodded my head "I knew you were a great writer." I winked an eye at her.

Lou smiled and bit her lower lip.

I had loved her poetry, and I was actually a bit upset she hadn't let me read anything of hers 'til now.

"Have you written anything about me?" I asked, trying my best to be the charming woman that would enchant her into saying yes.

The brunette bit her lip, "I have, actually." Lou said. She rested her elbow on the table separating us and then laid her head against her fist, looking up at me. "But it's kind of private."

"Private how?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well, there's some cheesy pieces, some erotic..." She said, a smile on her lips. She was teasing me.

I chuckled, "I have nothing against cheesy poetry." I shrugged my shoulders and then adjusted my cardigan closer to my body.

She bit the inside of her cheek, I knew she was disappointed I didn't follow her naughty little game. "I might let you read just a bit."

"I'd love that." I grabbed her hand across the table and kissed the back of it before giving it a gentle squeeze. "You look very pretty today."

"Thank you." She blushed.

I loved making her blush. It was the reminder of the way I somehow owned a bit of her, a reminder that I could make her feel things and that I wasn't imagining our connexion. Even if I was a bit down because of my health condition, I was trying to focus on the moment right now, in this train, in front of this beautiful woman.

"My sister's gonna love you."

Lou looked down at the union of our hands, "What little lie did you come up with?"

"Oh, nothing. I told her you're my student, that our mother is your therapist, and that I'm in love with you so I'm risking it all." I shrugged my shoulders, to which she laughed, "Well, I said that I tutor you and that you're from another school."

"I like that lie, very clever." Lou nodded her head in approval and then chuckled, "I'm excited to meet her."

"You won't be too excited when you meet the husband." I pursed my lips at the thought of Christopher.

Lou looked at me with an annoyed face, "He can't be that bad."

"He has a problem with anything that doesn't have a catholic stamp on it."

Laura laughed out loud and then covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing so hard. "How can he have a problem with you? You're so adorable." Lou said.