25: needed

COMMENT & VOTE. OT3 UP THERE OR TO THE SIDE 😔😏

Recap:

A knock at my door made me tense up. For one, I've had this apartment for ages and it was one that I couldn't give up. I had grown a stupid bond with it. It also didn't have a peephole. Which, for me, was not a very good thing.

I wrap a blanket tight around me and walk to the door before calling out. "Who is it?"

I wince at how weak and broken my voice sounded.

"Just open the damn door, Jessy," a voice called back.

My heart started beating fast and I opened the door with one quick motion before jumping into his arms. He was surprised at first, fumbling with his feet, before he wrapped one arm tight around my waist. He placed kisses to the side of my head before saying, "Woah, woah, woah, you're crushing your present."

Jess

"What the hell are you doing here? It's Christmas!" I shout, pulling him into my apartment. A fluttering feeling soared through my body.

Harry is here. Harry's in Seattle, in front of me. Right now.

"Our celebrations across the pond ended around noon, so I flew here because I wanted to see you."

My eyes widened. "The jet lag..." I trail off in thought. This boy was insane. He still had this huge, contagious grin on his face.

"I'm fine. I slept on the plane. I needed it, too. My bloody sister woke up at five and made my family and I go downstairs to open presents. Five in the morning!"

I giggled before I launched into a fit of coughing. Harry's expression went to a concerned one at the blink of an eye.

"You're already getting sick, Jessy? And your fucking pale. How did I not notice when I first walked?" He snapped to himself. His cold hands met my forehead, creating a complete contrast with the feverish heat. I felt so hot and cold at the same time.

"I'm fine," I mumble, looking into his eyes that seemed even brighter tonight.

"You've been crying," he spoke softly, no hint of a question in his voice. His slightly callused fingers brushed the underneath of my eyes. I couldn't figure out why he was being so touchy feely.

I look down at my feet. "I went to see my parents."

He didn't say anything, just looked down at me with an intense look of curiosity and wonder.

"I've cried so much today," I mutter, pushing back tears that threatened to come to the surface. I can't believe I still had some in me.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay, love." He quickly pulls me into his body. He holds me for a few moments and I cling onto him. I wasn't crying, but I needed somebody right now.

I pull away after a minute or two. He didn't question on anymore about my whereabouts today, which I was extremely grateful for.

He raises the bag that was in his hands up in between us. It looked very well put together, which led me to believe it was his mom that did it and not him.

I laugh at how excited he looked and took the present from him. "Harry..." I sigh, remembering that I had told him I didn't want any gifts.

A smirk appeared on his lips. "What?"

A mirrored his look. "I guess it's good that I got you a present as well."

I leave the room to go get his present from my bedroom. As I'm passing, I catch my reflection in my mirror and cringe. Could Harry have caught me at a worse time?