17

She walks towards the couch and slumps herself down next to him. "Hm, I don't know to be honest, I quite like when you're mean to me," she whispers, slightly embarrassed by her words. "I'd say friends with benefits, but are we even friends, Jeon?" she asks, turning her head to the side to face him. "I quite like whatever we have going on at the moment."

"I like it too," Jungkook admits, turning to his head to the side to face her. He had no intention of being different around her. He still wanted to taunt her and challenge her whenever he could. "We're coworkers slash enemies with benefits." Jungkook concludes.

The arrangement was sure to go downhill soon, but why not enjoy it while it lasts?

"Also, don't be a coward when we're placed in situations like that again. We could've gotten away with it if you didn't get embarrassed so quickly," Jungkook scolds her.

Y/N was quick to elbow him in the arm, "Don't call me coward, you know we can't beat Jimin. He knows us inside out."

Jimin knew everyone inside out, and he could tell if someone was lying from miles away, so it was always difficult to get away with things when it came to Jimin.

"Isn't he like.. your best friend? I would've expected you tell him.. or were you too embarrassed at the fact that you cracked and hooked up with your competition?" she boasts, a smirk painted across her face.

"I would never be embarrassed about hooking up with you," Jungkook dismisses the assumption right away, "I don't like having Jimin right and I'm wrong."

This was Jungkook they were talking about. He was stubborn and competitive. "And if I'm not mistaken, you were the one who came onto me both of the times we hooked up," Jungkook smirks slyly. His hand moves to rest under her chin, smiling at her with so much cheekiness on his face.

Oh how badly Y/N wanted to kiss his stupid face.

But she had to learn to control herself around him at work.

"Technically speaking... I think we both came onto each other the first time, but I admit.." she raises her hands in surrender, "...second time was all me." She winks at him and stands up from the sofa, walking over to her desk and leaning against the edge of it. "Will there be a third time? Who knows," she jokes.

"There's a high possibility," Jungkook shrugs, but he knew they would certainly hook up again.

He pulls out his laptop to get started on the case, flicking his eyes between his computer and Y/N.

"Wanna come over after work?" Jungkook asks nonchalantly. However, he wanted her to come by everyday after work, not only for the sex, but her presence was greatly appreciated.

"I don't see why not," she says, taking a seat opposite Jungkook. "It gives us extra time to work on the case, and I heard there's already a date set for the hearing and it's next month," she explains. "So that means.. many sleepless nights for us until then."

Y/N pulls up her emails on her computer, turning the screen towards Jungkook. "Look here.." She uses the mouse to circle certain pieces of evidence. "If we use this in our testimony, the defence won't have anything to counter with it."

Jungkook skims over the pictures, nodding his head in agreement to her. "We'll use that and the police records of that night," he adds, looking into his computer for the files.

Now that Jungkook thought about it, defence was the weaker choice to choose. He was glad that she persuaded him to be the prosecution.

"I saw the defendant's attorneys and they have a clean swept record." Jungkook knew that they wouldn't be as great as him and Y/N, but it would be a challenge.

"We have clean records too, I mean., we are the best of the best," she boasts, knowing how popular they both were.

"We should practice a bit."

"Yeah, maybe we should have our own mini practice hearing. Lee v Jungkook."

Y/N knew she could win, that's why she was always competition for Jungkook. "Be prepared to lose, Jeon."

"No way in hell am I going to lose to you Lee," Jungkook rolls his eyes. He knew how to get under her skin easily and he wasn't let her win so easily.

"Let's make it interesting with a bet," Jungkook crosses his arms across his chest, grinning wickedly at her. "If I win this practice hearing, you have to do whatever I say for a whole week." Jungkook was confident that he'd win and he knew exactly what he wanted her to do for him.

Y/N scoffs, the bet sounding even more stupid than her losing to him. "You're on Jeon," she pokes her tongue out at him, her arms folded in a childish manner. "Don't get too carried away with your demands, it's not like I'll be doing anything for you anyway since I'll be the one winning." She wanted to bet something too, but she was way too mature for betting in the workplace. A simple win would be enough for her.

"But how would we decide who wins? We're gonna need someone completely unbiased to decide."

"Let's get Jimin. He's brutally honest with the both of us so why not?" Jungkook shrugs. Though, Jimin might make sex jokes the entire time.

"My demands won't be too hard to handle. You'll survive," he chuckles.

He closes his laptop, stuffing his paperwork into his bag. "Let's do something else instead of working," he lays his body across her office couch, yawning a bit.

She tsks and shakes her head, "I swear, every time you're in my office, you wanna do everything but work." She thinks back to the number of times Jungkook had entered her office, and each meeting either ended in the two on top of one another, or just going to eat. "If this is how you treat your other cases, then no wonder why I'm better than you," she chuckles, closing all her documents.

"How about we get that competition going now? We can bring Jimin too?" she suggests, walking over to Jungkook and pulling him off the sofa. "And maybe I could.. stay the night?"

"You can stay the night regardless," he says, pulling Y/N's body close to his chest. His large hands rest on the small of her back and a soft smile is on his lips. "I'll go and get Jimin so I can beat you in this hearing,"  he drops his hands, leaving her office to fetch Jimin.

That move he did in her office brought butterflies to his stomach like crazy. It was just a small gesture, but it had his cheeks growing red.

"Jimin, come to Y/N's office for a second."

wc: 1155