Cherryton Academy

Y/N's POV:

From the train ride to the school, I caught a short glimpse of the huge campus which had been elevated on a steep hill. A lot of the students were already outside, visible yet seemed miniature. I shivered at the sight of teenagers and looked down to the green hoodie that contrasted over my grey fur along with a pair of blue jeans which made me look rather unusual, compared to whatever I saw the students were wearing. Some seemed to wear blue, some wore white. Hints of grey and black were also on their uniforms but it was very disfigured since I was on a moving train.

The buildings of the campus slightly overwhelmed me because I realized I would have to memorize each facility in order to barely survive school, but seeing how many buildings there were made me break a sweat. I looked at the edge of the hill to see four tall buildings which had an orderly pattern of windows. It looked like dorms but I didn't expect there to be a lot of dormitories for students. I knew it was a popular school, just didn't realize how many other students there'd be. Behind the whole academy was an overgrown forest, but it was quite small. I reckoned I could go there in my free time and play my flute for a bit, maybe it would replace my loneliness in class.

On the school's advertisements, clubs seemed to be praised in the school. At least school gives me something to do after classes; it was really the only thing I was grateful about. The club I was hoping to join was the band club, where music geeks just hang around and play music, at the same time show up at concerts for numerous performances. I was afraid of the people I'd be grouped with for the rest of my years in school, but I was eager to finally be able to show my skills in flute. It calmed me down for most of my life, especially when the dreadful truth of my childhood had overwhelmed me in my thoughts. Other than that, the flute was pretty cool, I guess. There were other clubs in case I band wouldn't be available for me. There was a school choir, though I'm a terrible singer, it still intrigued me. There was boxing, baseball and basketball clubs but I'm barely strong enough to open a simple door. Joining those clubs would be my death. An art club, which mainly consisted of painters and craftsmen who were passionate about what they did but I was barely one of those kids. I was terrible at art. One I considered was the nature club, where they would go on trips out of school, rarely, and learn about random stuff about nature but what the school boasted about was it's drama club; a club full of talented actors and actresses which were amazing in every play they put out. It honestly got me motivation to join the school, because of the plays I'd love to watch, though the subjects and students were pressuring.

All the information was intimidating; only a few things made me feel better about it. Since I was homeschooled for most of the time, this stuff was very new to what I was most comfortable with. I hadn't been outside that often to know anything that goes on in school because of how protective my adoptive parents were. They're both arctic wolves, while I'm a grey wolf. They both have shiny, white fur and are naturally fluffier while I have, obviously, grey fur. My adoptive mother was a teacher. She taught most subjects taught in primary schools and was the one who would spend her time trying to teach me about what I should've been learning a while back. I was fortunate to have her as my mother since I would never have been able to survive elementary and middle school. My adoptive father was a technician. Because of that, I had been given a few random gadgets which he was pleased to give off. One was a small phone he had used a while back. It was quite busted before father had fixed it. It works smoothly but it has terrible quality. I enjoyed using it most of the time, mainly for learning flute. I was completely into learning the flute myself.

What I remember of my biological parents is a small part of their body shape. My father was beefy and incredibly tall. He seemed daunting and frightening. What I remember was that he'd barely be at home and would often be outside to I-don't-know-where. My mother was thin and had a body that was like a model's. She looked fierce, feminine and beautiful. She looked younger compared to the bodybuilder of a husband she had. It was quite strange when I thought about it. I was abandoned while I was asleep. I hadn't gotten a reason and I doubt I had done anything wrong. I had been moved to an unfamiliar part of the city where I spent the rest of my days searching for something I could never find again. I was taken to an orphanage when I was found sleeping on the floors of busy streets. My adoptive parents took me, after realizing I was a lonely wolf in the house of frenzied children. I'm glad that I was taken out of there because I was honestly suffering hearing kids scream in my ear all day. I still held a grudge against my biological parents because I wanted answers badly, but I never got them. It irritates me, honestly.