18

Jungkook and Jimin were quick to enter her office again, and Y/N was almost certain that the smirk on Jimin's face from before did not disappear at all.

"I'm sure Jungkook has filled you in," she begins, "Here are the rules; you cannot pick favourites, you have to be completely unbiased, or I'm gonna leave," she rolls her eyes, knowing how close the two males were.

"She's so bossy."

Pulling out some documents on the case, Jungkook stands up from the sofa and clears his throat to add dramatics. "Since I'm feeling generous today, I'll let you go first." Jungkook's eyes are on hers, watching closely on how she would partake in this.

"Aw, what a gentleman," she says sarcastically, picking up her documents whilst giving Jungkook the side eye. Both him and Jimin were sat on the sofa, waiting for her to begin.

Her opening statement was quick and efficient before she moved on to stating her claims.

"As part of the prosecution, I strongly believe that the defendant did in fact, kill his son. And though the defence may argue that it was unintentional, it is clear from past reports about the defendant, that he had extreme self control and anger issues, thus making it almost certain that he lashed out on his son and proceeded to murder him."

She said a lot in one go, but it seemed fine seeing as both Jungkook and Jimin were following along. Y/N continued to speak, eventually showing and analysing the crime scene photos.

"And if the judge rules that his past cannot be used against him, then what can you bring to uphold the claim?" Jimin asks, taking ahold of the photos.

Jungkook raises an eyebrow at her unexpectedly, but he decides to start on his claim before she could answer. "If I were to get in a situation where the defendant cannot have his past held against him, we have police records of that night along with physical evidence of DNA on his son's body."

Jungkook digs into his bag to pull out different documents regarding the victims' death. "The doctor ruled his death to be caused from shortness of breath in the esophagus. This shows that all resources point to the defendant being ruled guilty of his son's murder."

"IF the judge rules that his last cannot be used against the defendant, which is highly unlikely, I'll be able to bring out the autopsy report of the son." Y/N hands over the autopsy report to Jimin, "If you look carefully, the defendants hand prints are barely visible around the victims neck, clearly indicating that the defendant did in fact strangle/choke his child. And if that's not enough for you..." She grabs another document; the defendants CT scan. "If you look at the brain scan, you can see that the frontal lobe of his brain is slightly damaged, thus effecting his behaviour and emotions."

She concludes her argument, assuming she had already won with her closing statement.

"So Mr Jeon, how do you expect to counter this?"

Jungkook was going to have to pull out the big guns for this. He pulls out a folder filled with old phone conversations from the defendant, filled with conversations describing the abuse he carried out on his son. "A record of the defendant's phone calls and witness statements from neighbors about finding bruises on the son's arms." Jungkook tells Jimin and Y/N. He grins wickedly at her, feeling the victory already. "It's basically a confession since he described how the night went word for word."

Y/N completely forgot about the confession the defendant made. It was the only piece of solid evidence there was to prove that the defendant did it. She wanted to slap herself for not using the confession before him.

"You haven't won yet, so don't get too far ahead of yourself," she says, dismissing Jungkook's smug expression and turning to Jimin, who was taking notes on a little notepad. "So Mr Park, do we have a winner?" She could already feel the victory slipping away from her and she hated the feeling.

"You both had very strong claims with a great deal of evidence, but... Y/N had a more compelling claim than you Jungkook," Jimin announces carefully.

Jungkook could feel his smile wipe away from his face instantly.

There was no way he lost to Y/N.

"Y/N did forget about the most important piece of evidence, but she had me sold on her claim way faster than you Jungkook. So, Congrats Miss Lee," Jimin adds. Jungkook couldn't even look at her without getting annoyed.

He wasn't gonna hear the end of her victory over him. "Thanks for nothing Jimin," Jungkook mumbles, pushing Jimin out of the office.

Y/N couldn't even thank Jimin since Jungkook forced him out of her office so quickly, but she was definitely shocked. Not only did she win, but she won without mentioning the confession.

"So tell me Jeon, how does it feel to come second place? BELOW me?"

Y/N was getting way too carried away for something that wasn't even the actual hearing. "You gonna cry about it?" she taunts,  poking his arm repeatedly. "I guess that little bet of yours has gone out the window."

"God, you're so annoying. What are you, five?" Jungkook bites back a smile. Just seeing her get so excited for winning something so small, brought a smile to his face. He should be upset, but he wasn't.

Jungkook swats her hands away, "Just because you won doesn't mean your better than me." This wasn't the first time she had beaten him. She was his competition after all.

"I've been telling you this from the beginning; I am better than you."

She goes to sit pretty at her desk, still basking in the victory. "So what's my prize?" she asks, organising the case documents again and putting them away neatly. A prize for her wasn't exactly discussed before this, but now she wanted something for her victory, she just didn't know what.

"We never agreed on a prize for you," Jungkook mumbles, sitting on her couch as he packs his documents away. "But if you insist on one, I can give you something later," a sly smirk appears on his lips and he doesn't even try to hide it.

Y/N was spending the night with him tonight, so her reward could be given then. "Unless you rather name the prize yourself?"

She squints at him, trying to analyse the very obvious smirk on his face. "Yeah.. you know what? I think I'll just lay off the prize for now," she says, giving him a very unconvincing look. "But anyway, before we go to yours, I'm gonna have to head home to get some stuff."

"I'll pick you up at your place and take you to mine," Jungkook says as he picks his bag up to hang over his chest. "I'll make dinner for you when we get to mine," he adds.

Once he had everything needed to go home, Jungkook moves over to Y/N and presses a quick kiss to her cheek. "You can decide what we have for dinner. That can be part of your reward."

"Sounds like a plan," she says, a content smile on her face.

After Jungkook was off, she collected her things and walked out of her office, stopping by Jimin's office.

His door was partly open so she knocked and popped her head into the room. Jimin was resting on his sofa, but he raised his head upon hearing her enter.

"I'm off now, thanks for the win Jimin," she winks at him, "Safe to say I'm better than Jungkook."

Jimin chuckles, "No worries, have a good weekend, Y/N."

wc: 1312

HELLO WE HIT 1K WTF ??1?1!1?11!1?1?