FIFTY - FIVE

"No, you're both needed here

"No, you're both needed here." Luna shook her head. "Our people need you, Judy needs you. You should stay."

"I just...it makes me nervous, Luna." Michonne admitted. Luna's eyebrows furrowed together as she set down the now clean plate on the towel next to the sink. "I don't like it."

"Why not?" Luna asked. "Maggie was fine, and she only had Carol with her. I'll have both of them, Carol's already said she's coming."

"And I love and trust both of them." Michonne nodded. "But I want to be there, too."

"Why?" Luna sighed. Ever since Luna and Carl had come back from what Dr. Carson is expecting to their final visit before the baby, Michonne had been on edge. "Seriously, I've never seen you so insistent on anything. We'll be fine, Michonne, you're needed here more."

"I just..." Michonne sighed. Luna noticed Michonne's lips quivering slightly before she sighed deeply again. "I want to make sure you're alright. Me, okay? For my own peace of mind, I'm coming with. I just need to know that you're alright."

"Michonne..." Luna couldn't help as she got choked up, tears welling in her eyes as she moved forward and wrapped her arms around Michonne-at least, as best as she could. "Everything will be okay, I know it."

"I know it, too." Michonne nodded as they pulled away. "But for my sake..."

"Fine, okay, you can come with." Luna shook her head lightly, brushing away the tears that had welled. "But you can't be overbearing while we're there too, okay? I get enough of that from Maggie already."

—————

"Isn't this just the weirdest fucking thing ever?" Luna breathed, staring at her stomach in the mirror. Even if she still hadn't been able to see that 'glow' Carol and Michonne had mentioned, Carol had sure been right about standing in front the mirror a lot more. There used to be days were Luna would go without a second glance in a mirror, years when she still lived in Georgia, but now she felt as though she could barely go a few hours. "Like, still?"

"It's surreal." Carl nodded, sifting through one of the dresser drawers. "We're gonna be parents." Luna let out a low whine, making him laugh. "What?"

"Don't you just find that so weird?" Luna marveled, her hands resting on her stomach. "I mean, shit...if I hadn't chose to save you back then..." She looked behind her in the mirror, watching Carl drop some of his clothes into a bag. "If those guys from town had caught us off guard. If you hadn't noticed that herd coming through. If I'd've bled out in that stupid mall. We could've died a million ways to Sunday before even getting to Alexandria, let alone get here. It feels like a dream."

"Maybe it is." He shrugged, zipping up the bag. He grabbed it, dropping it next to the bedroom door before moving to stand behind Luna, wrapping his arms around her. "And if it is, then I don't wanna wake up."