Chapter 7

"–Your highness!"

A knight came rushing into Namjoon's study kneeling before the man at his desk. Namjoon glowered at the man.

"Speak and keep it quick, I have a lunch with the future queen of the kingdom."

The knight kept his eyes cast down nodding in understanding as he catches his breath, "The western region has caught word of the perilous state that is the Artemis Kingdom. They have declared war."

Namjoon stood up abruptly from his seat, causing it to fall behind him. Wide eyed he stared down at the man. "And where did you hear of this information?" He asked alarmed. His mind was whirring too fast, he thought his plan was full proof for none of this to happen, what went wrong?

The knight nervously shifted in his spot, "It's the traveling scholar sir. He sent word as soon as he arrived."

Once those words left the mans mouth, Namjoon knew exactly who he needed to see.

"Ready my horse!" He put back on his royal robe atop his shoulders. He spoke to the knight sternly with urgency, "bring me to him."

The grand doors opened to reveal sergeant Min walk through. Hana sighed in her seat with disappointment, putting down her cutlery. Jungkook watched her with sad eyes, It had already been twenty past lunch time.

"Let me guess, his highness couldn't come." She narrowed her eyes at her plate of steak, cutting it rather harshly.

Yoongi nodded, "He sends his apologies your highness. He has important matters to attend to right now—"

The clatter of the metal cutlery cut through his words as she dropped them atop the plate.

"Important matters?!" She snapped her head towards Yoongi and he nearly flinched from the fire burning behind those icy grey irises of hers. "What more important matters are there but to discuss why my brother has murdered our King and Queen and My Sergeant out of nowhere?!" Hana stood up abruptly and glared daggers at the new Sergeant with rage fueled by grief and pain.

Yoongi's eyes softened for the girl, feeling guilty that the girl had to be kept in the dark for a little longer. He bowed his head graciously.

"Your highness, please don't misunderstand for his highness has always put you as first priority."

Hana scoffed at his words, crossing her arms she sat back down on her seat. "Yeah right, I was never his priority. The only thing a King should halt important matters should be—" she paused before her eyes widened.

"War. It's war isn't it?" She looked up at Yoongi who tried his best to keep a straight face but the princesses sudden bullseye of a revelation caught him off guard. His hesitance was enough to give it away.

She made her way confidently towards the commander, eyes burning with a flame. He couldn't help but intentionally swallow a lump in his throat.

"Take me to his highness. If war is truly about to break out then I suppose family matters can be set aside for now."

"I'm afraid I'm unable to—"

"I'll take her."

Yoongi and Hana turned their heads to Jungkook. His expression mildly sheepish for interrupting. Yoongi scrunched up his brows and rubbed his forehead in a mildly stressed manner.